I need advice on essential hand tremor. People are always commenting that my hands shake?

I need help on how to respond when people comment on my unsteady hands. I have an essential tremor and have since childhood. I have tried ignoring the remarks but my self esteem is taking a beating and I'm sick of explaining. People think I drink, take meds or do drugs. I don't ...

Please help- any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

I have seen a lot of skinny people have that problem, also my daughter.

A tremor is an involuntary quivering of a muscle. This can be due to severe depletion of muscle energy or nervous system problems. It often indicates low levels of potassium or magnesium and may also be a sign of exhausted adrenals.

Tell them one of these is your problem and see what they say.

Good luck

• Tink

You look them straight in the eye and them tell "My doctor and I are on top of this, there is nothing that can be done about it. Thank you for your concern" and if they ask for any further clarification, shoot them the "you aren't privy to that information" look.