How should i workout to play quarterback?

When i play quarterback I have a great arm and I already know that for my age, (14) but my spirals arent too tight and when i throw hard the nose of the ball points down and it soars down sometimes. I want to know how i can fix the way I throw (Websites or videos will be amazing) and how should I workout to make my arm stronger?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Make sure you are in great shape. Do agility drills, cone drills, footwork drills. Get someone to run routes throw the ball. If you can hire a quarterback trainer. Bleachers, and hills are great too. Make sure you can throw the ball when you catch out of a shotgun and it does not land on the laces. work on 3 and 5 step drop, there probably isnt 7 step for your age, lift and protein shake is optional after workout

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, biceps triceps, abs

Chest: BB Bench press, BB incline press, DB flys

Shoulders: DB front raises, DB lateral raises, DB shoulder press

Biceps: BB Bicep curls, DB hammer curls, chin-ups (1 set max)

Triceps: Tricep pushdowns (machine), dips (1 set max)

Abs: throwdowns (3x 20)

Day 2: Back, quads, hamstrings, calves, abs

Back: BB power cleans(1 set of 8, 2 sets of 5), lat pulldowns (machine), DB shrugs, rows (machine), pull ups (1 set max)

Quads: BB back squat, DB lunges, DB power jumps

Hamstrings: BB Deadlift, leg curls (machine)

Calves: DB Calf raises

Abs: throwdowns (3x20)

Day 3: No weights

Day 4: Chest, Shoulders, biceps triceps, abs

Chest: BB Bench press, BB incline press, DB flys

Shoulders: DB front raises, DB lateral raises, DB shoulder press

Biceps: BB Bicep curls, DB hammer curls, chin-ups (1 set max)

Triceps: Tricep pushdowns (machine), dips (1 set max)

Abs: throwdowns (3x 20)

Day 5: Back, quads, hamstrings, calves, abs

Back: BB power cleans (1 set of 8, 2 sets of 5), lat pulldowns (machine), DB shrugs, rows (machine), pull ups (1 set max)

Quads: BB back squat, DB lunges, DB power jumps

Hamstrings: BB Deadlift, leg curls (machine)

Calves: DB Calf raises

Abs: throwdowns (3x20)

Throwdowns are like leg raises, stretch before and after, hydrate daily, good luck

• Login to reply the answers
  • Debra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My best advice for you this autumn (and every offseason) is to eat healthy, and exercise by doing a lot of running every day. If you do these two things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful quarterback in football.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

My best advice for you this offseason is to throw a football 40-50 times per day at a specific target. Doing this will improve your arm strength, while greatly reducing your risk of injury. Throwing at a specific target will greatly improve your accuracy, as well as your spiral.

• 8 years ago

You Tube has a lot of tutorials but I would get with your position coach.. He will actually see you perform, knows your strengths and weaknesses and would be able to help you with your technique... Good luck.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.