How can I get a career at Columbia Records?

I'm currently a junior in high school and I'm aspiring to work in the entertainment industry. Not as something cliche'd like an actress, I know that's far fetched, but I do have an adamant passion for music and entertainment, and although I can't sing, I know I'm an amazing public speaker and enjoy working and collaborating ideas with others. So I was wondering how I can get internships and gain experience so that I can start off with an advantage in college and eventually with a lot of hard work and effort, work for Columbia Records or Sony Entertainment (fields of that sort). If anyone has a career in this field, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also 17 and live in Miami, I don't know if that helps. But I also wanted to know what major I should pursue in college if that's the industry I want to enter, or what majors are available for that particular interest, because I'm sure there are a vast number of specific careers within the music entertainment industry.

Favorite Answer

If you want more information about opportunities at Columbia/Sony Music - you can visit their website - www.sonymusic.com and then click on "Careers" (left side) and then click on "Begin Your Job Search Now." You can then apply directly for any position or internship that you are interested in and qualified for.

As for recommended majors, several schools offer "music business" degrees but there are plently of other majors (including Communications/PR, Marketing, Digital Media, Business Administration) that will to help provide you with a solid foundation that you can apply to the music business or any entertainment field. The activities that you pursue outside of your academic studies will likely be just as important as your major. I would advise you to get involved in any music related activities that you can on your college campus including event/concert committees or your college radio station. You should also plan on doing an internship or two while you are in school - they will allow you to meet people and make contacts and also help provide you with a bit of insight into the business to help you decide if it's something you really want to pursue as a career.

Columbia Records Internship

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm currently a junior in high school and I'm aspiring to work in the entertainment industry. Not as something cliche'd like an actress, I know that's far fetched, but I do have an adamant passion for music and entertainment, and although I can't sing, I know I'm an amazing...

Source(s): career columbia records: https://biturl.im/9ohQ7