Is it a sin to get a tattoo or piercing?

I want to get a tatoo of a cross or the word 'faith' or maybe john 10:10 .. Is it a sin to get a tattoo though? And i am getting my nose pierced this weekend... Is that bad? Im not doing this to change Gods creation etc

When you get a tattoo it is there forever! I believe it is a sin but we all make mistakes in our life. I got a rose vine tattoo from my breasts to my ankles years ago and wish I'd never gotten them but I did tattoos for several years after that too. That was the worst mistake I ever made! Think about it and remember you are responsible for your decisions.

I don't know about piercing, but tattoo is a sin. God cursed those who hold it on their bodies and those who do it for them.

Yes, it's the first commandment: "Thou shalt not get a tattoo or piercing."

A tattoo or piercing is an expression of yourself and individuality and your body is there for you to do whatever you want

Sin is deliberate disloyalty to Deity.

In my opinion, yes it is, because you abused your temple your body, which is created by god and must be taken care very well.

It is not a sin, just dumb.

• Jimmy

Jesus had piercings......two actually