Can listening to your music loud do anything?

K so i like to listen to my music loud i hate it quiet so i usually put in my ear buds and play my music either 3 quarters or full blast and it gets louder because i listen to hard rock and metal. So can this actually do something to my hearing people claim it can and always tell me to turn it down and I dont have the best hearing could this also be because of this thx.

Favorite Answer

I have a family member that is a nurse and works in a doctor's office. She said the increase in people under 30 who come in for hearing loss is extremely high compared to 30 years ago. When questioned the doctor finds that the only thing that could be contributing to it is a loud stereo. Then they get back in their car and leave with the stereo cranked up.

Yeah the hair cells in your ears are getting damaged over time and losing their sensitivity making you deaf over time, stop listening to music so loud as it won't sound any better just louder, listen to it at a volume that you can hear it fine you don't NEED to block out everything else but if that's a necessity for you I suggest you get noise cancelling ear phones.

It can damage your ear drums and cause ear problems in the near or faraway future. :)

Source(s): My awesomness

yes you will damage your hearing. thats why musicians wear ear plugs on stage