Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which animes from this list should I watch?

I made a huge list of anime to watch and I want to narrow it down because it's TOO long. Which animes should I watch and which should I skip? Thanks! Sorry if the list is really long.. T T

A-Channel

Accel World

Acchi Kocchi

AKB0048

Angel Beats

AnoHana

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Ao No Exorcist

Astarotte no Omocha

Asu no Yoichi

Azumanga Daioh

Baccano

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu

Bakuman

Beck

Binbou Shimai Monogatari

Black Rock Shooter

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

C3 - CubexCursedxCurious

Chibi Devil

Chu-Bra!!

Clannad

Code Geass

D.Gray-man

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Durarara

Fairy Tail

Full Metal Alchemist

GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class

Gosick

Hanamaru Youchien

Hanasaku Iroha

Happy Kappy

Hatsukoi Limited

Hell Girl

Hetalia - Axis Powers

Higashi no Eden

Houkago no Pleiades

Hourou Musuko

K-ON!!

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Kaidan Restaurant

Kamisama no Memochou

Kanokon

Kigurumikku

Kimi ni Todoke

Kimi to Boku

Kiss x Sis

Kobato

Kuroshitsuji

Lucky Star

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Mayo-Chiki!

Minami-ke

MM

NANA

Naruto

Natsume Yuujinchou

Nichijou

Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos

One Piece

OreImo

Papa no Ikouto

Paradise Kiss

Pokemon

Rec

Recorder to Randoseru

Rio Rainbow Gate

Ro Kyu Bu

Romeo x Juliet

Rozen Maiden

Sakamichi no Apollon

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Seitokai no Ichizon

Shugo Chara

Simoun

So Ra No Wo To

Soul Eater

Special A

Strawberry Marshmallow

Tamayura Hitotose

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The World God Only Knows

Tokyo Mew Mew

Tonagura

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Uta no Prince Sama

Uta Kata

Welcome to the NHK

Working!!

Yuru Yuri

Zatch Bell

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Mandy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's how I'd rank what I've seen from this list:

Excellent (must see):

AnoHana

Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood is better than the 03/04 series)

NANA

Sakamichi no Apollon (it's an ongoing series, so rank is based only on what's aired so far)

Great (you'd be missing out on something amazing if you didn't watch):

Hanasaku Iroha

Baccano

Bakuman

Beck

Clannad

Code Geass

Kimi ni Todoke

Natsume Yuujinchou

Nichijou

Very good (just a step below great, but still really enjoyable and totally worth your time):

Angel Beats

Durarara

Gosick

Hell Girl

Higashi no Eden

Hourou Musuko

K-ON!!

Azumanga Daioh

Lucky Star

OreImo

Paradise Kiss

Rozen Maiden

Strawberry Marshmallow

Welcome to the NHK

Kimi to Boku (first season really belongs in "good," this placement is due to the much better second season)

Good (not anything too special, but worth watching):

A-Channel

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Ao No Exorcist

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Kobato

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!

Rec

Recorder to Randoseru

Romeo x Juliet

Shugo Chara

So Ra No Wo To

Tamayura Hitotose

The World God Only Knows

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Yuru Yuri

Hetalia - Axis Powers

Decent (not a waste of time, not a bad series at all... just not especially memorable or noteworthy, at least for me):

Accel World (it's an ongoing series, so rank is based only on what's aired so far) (close to moving up a rank)

Astarotte no Omocha

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Hanamaru Youchien

*D.Gray-man

*Soul Eater

Special A

Minami-ke

So-so (still not a total waste, but pretty flawed):

Acchi Kocchi (it's an ongoing series, so rank is based only on what's aired so far)

Kamisama no Memochou

Kuroshitsuji

Uta no Prince-sama

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I finished the first season, but he humor didn't appeal to me at all, so I didn't watch more. You may feel differently; humor is so subjective)

A * indicates a title I didn't finish for whatever reason.

• 9 years ago

1. Shugo Chara

2. Rozen Maiden

3. Romeo x Juliet

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

5. Pokemon

6. Lucky Star

7. K-ON

8. Kaichou wa Maid-sama

9. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

10. Fairytail

11. Clannad

These animes are really good!

• 9 years ago

Of those, I have completed the following:

Angel Beats: An excellent 30-episode show that got crammed into only 14 episodes and really suffered as a result. Still good, but carrying a lot of wasted potential. The production quality, at any rate, is amazing.

Azumanga Daioh: A classic moe comedy show. Not much of a story, but definitely worthwhile for the jokes and the historical value.

Clannad: Slice-of-life romance done very right. People who need fast-paced plot or action in their anime might want to stay away, but everyone else should totally watch this (and no, you don't get to skip any parts). Probably the best production quality I've seen in any anime.

Code Geass: My single favorite anime of all time. It's smart, it has some of everything, and the pacing is brilliant. Not for kids, though.

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): A classic fantasy adventure anime and an excellent example of writing and worldbuilding. Not to be missed, unless you can't stand violence.

K-On: Another moe comedy show without much plot. It's longer than Azumanga Daioh and the production quality is better, but the jokes tend to be weaker.

Lucky Star: Yet another moe comedy show without much plot. This one is full of otaku humor and thus is not for the uninitiated. Quite frankly, Azumanga Daioh and K-On are both better and more accessible.

Oreimo: This one has even more otaku humor than Lucky Star, and likewise requires you to be familiar with the culture. The drama ranges from effective to ridiculous, but the jokes tend to be very sharp and the production quality is good.

Rozen Maiden: An interesting and somewhat bipolar show that breaks a lot of molds. Surprisingly family-friendly given the premise, and definitely worth a watch.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Very smart and well-executed, but driven entirely by characterization and humor rather than plot, and therefore not everyone's cup of tea. Be careful you understand the issues with the chronology and Endless Eight before watching!

• 9 years ago

Accel World

AnoHana

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Baccano

Bakuman

Chibi Devil

Clannad

Clannad After Story

Code Geass

Durarara

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (not on your list, but IMO the ultimate anime)

Hetalia - Axis Powers

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Kimi ni Todoke

Kimi to Boku

Kuroshitsuji

Lucky Star

Naruto

One Piece

Recorder to Randoseru

Sakamichi no Apollon

Soul Eater

Welcome to the NHK

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Clannad

Fairy Tail

Hanasaku Iroha

Shugo Chara

Special A

I would recommend watching:

Fruits basket

Skip beat

Kaichou wa maid-sama

Ouran highschool host club

Cardcaptor Sakura

Bleach

Wallflower

La corda de oro

Spiral:The Bonds of Reasoning

Earl and Fairy

Gakuen alice

Kamichama Karin

Tsubasa

xxxHolic

• 9 years ago

I'd start with

Angel Beats!

Clannad

Ano Natsu de Matteru

K-ON!

Most of the ones on that list are pretty decent, but those are the major ones that stand out.

Edit: If you watch Higurashi (it's not in your list, but it's essentially the prequel, although not necessary to watch) then want to see what happens in Umineko, I highly recommend that you just skip the anime and read the visual novel. It's a ton better, trust me.

• 9 years ago

Not knowing your preferences in the anime genres, it's quite difficult to say which you might like from the list you gave. Though there are some very good animes that most people like (I'll give the ones I've seen myself and those I've heard/read more about):

Angel Beats - definitely one of the best animes out there. A very interesting plot and execution, sad story.

AnoHana - another very good anime, has a deep meaning and is quite sad.

Baccano - although I haven't seen it myself, I've heard and read lots of positive stuff about it.

Clannad - one of the bestmodern animes, with an even better 2nd season. Quite sad.

Code Geass - together with the 2nd season, the anime tells an interesting story. There is mecha action (I generally hate mecha anime, but this one didn't bother me at all!), super-powers, mind-games and such things.

Durarara - a very popular anime, still haven't completed it though.

Full Metal Alchemist - haven't watched it myself, but it's widely praised by anime fans.

Hell Girl - although this isn't a VERY good anime, I consider it to be worth mentioning. There are three seasons, each episode has a different story, but each of these episodes contributes to a deeper story, which is revealed throughout the season.

Kamisama no Memochou - another interesting anime. A high-school boy helps a little girl solve mysterious cases.

Lucky Star - liked by many people, but not my piece of cake.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - this anime... I really recommend you to watch it. Used to be one of the highest-rated anime until recently. I didn't dislike it - it just seemed too over-rated to me, but it's worth watching.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - the legend of the anime world - definitely a must-watch for an anime fan.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - worth watching, but has lots of gore. It has a psychological aspect, though. As someone mentioned, there's also the Higurashi series, which are considered better than Umineko.

I've left out the Shounen Jump series, because they don't suit everybody's tastes, and I left out the ecchi titles - also a matter of personal preference. Some that I didn't mention before, but are worth trying:

OreImo, Ao no Excorcist, Soul Eater, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Azumanga Daioh.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That list is HUGE!! And you are worried that One Piece is too long. LOL. I'll list the ones that I have seen that are worth watching.

Durarara

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (this is the one with the good ending)

One Piece

Soul Eater

Some others:

Tiger & Bunny

Casshern Sins

Gurren Lagann

Ao No Exorcist, READ THE MANGA, yet another series with a filler ending.

• Z-one
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Depends on what type of anime do you like. But here is my recommendation:

Angel Beats

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (is not too bad but a lot of ecchi in it)

C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious (the storyline is good, but there's ecchi as well. Quite violent and bloody, the story left with a cliffhanger though, hope there's a season 2).

Clannad (didn't see this yet, but I heard that the sequel ''Clannad After Story'' is really sad)

Code Gease

K-ON!! (this is season 2), watch season 1 first (called K-ON! *with one exclaimation mark*).

Pokemon was good but it gets boring after a few hundred episodes (so avoid this after a few seasons)

Tamayura Hitotose is a really relaxing anime (slice of life). About a girl who loves photography and uses a camera that her late father used to use. It was a heartwarming series. But if you don't like it, then you can drop this anytime (only 12 episodes). But watch Tamayura OVA episodes (4 of them - they are short) first.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Ok I choose

Angel beats

Baka and test

Clannad

Durarara

fairy tail

FMA

FMAB

Higashi no Eden

And

Soul eater

Sekirei

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.