Real Estate Question?

I would like to know how difficult it is to sell a house by owner without going through a realtor? Is the paperwork and knowledge in doing it worth trying? I know I could save the cost of a realtor but I do know I would still need to find a real estate attorney. I just wonder in the long haul if it is worth it? I know the realtors have all the connections in trying to sell a home and that is something I might not have. I live in IL

Thank you for the answers.

Favorite Answer

Sure you can sell it yourself. But if add up all the marketing cost to give the home properexposure you have to pay for, it would probably exceed what you would pay in commissions. Realtors have access to many marketing sites that aren't available to the general public. There are other issues such as a contract form. Those you can buy at an office supple store are very generic and may not cover all the "what ifs."

Give a second thought to using a Realtor.

realtor.sailor

Source(s): I'm a Realtor

It's almost impossible to sell it yourself. And also, think of all the nuts who will drive by and knock on your door to "see" the house, or really, case it out to see if there's anything to steal. Then you'll get the weekend lookers, people who just drive around looking at houses because they have nothing better to do.

And any real buyers go thru agents for many reasons. So all you have with for sale by owner is lots of annoyance with no real chance of selling.

Unless you have a buyer lined up or the market in your area is a seller's market, then an agent is usually a good idea.

There is a LOT more to selling a house then sticking a sign in the front lot.

It is VERY DIFFICULT. Don't try it.