Some of my burned DVD+R DL discs play great in my DVD player, others don't. Is it just the player?

What a nightmare... My fiancé and I shot a school play (about an hr and a half video), edited it and are now in the burning to dvd phase (using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs) in order to make copies for people who ordered dvds of the show. My first 7 (out of a total 23 that need to be made....) burned and playback... show more What a nightmare... My fiancé and I shot a school play (about an hr and a half video), edited it and are now in the burning to dvd phase (using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs) in order to make copies for people who ordered dvds of the show. My first 7 (out of a total 23 that need to be made....) burned and playback properly on my computer, ps3 and older generation DVD player. All of a sudden, without making any changes to my iDVD project file, my DVD+R DL burned discs are having trouble on my older dvd player. Some would say "loading" forever, then finally result in a playback error message. Others would play up to 80 minutes out of the 90 show then freeze and revert back to the main menu without finishing the show. Sometimes, when I eject the disc and put them back in, then some don't play AT ALL!

The weirdest part is, my earlier DVD+R DL burns of this show from a few days ago play fine from beginning to end. It's just these newer copies, all of a sudden they are crapping out with only 10 minutes left to go. I've already tried two different lower burning speeds in iDVD with the same result... Currently, I remade my iDVD project, reimported the files, etc and am going to try again, but I'm afraid I'm wasting valuable DVDs; I've already burned 4 of these seemingly defective ones.

I'm freaking out because people who ordered the copies of the DVDs are paying for these and re depending on us and I don't know what to do. Is it possible that some older dvd players will accept some DVD+Rs and reject others? On the front of my old dvd player it says "-R/-RW", but it played the first tested DVD+R fine so I thought it played both. Now, like I said, all of my newer burns are freezing at the same spot and going back to the disc menu.

Is it just the old player being weird?? Will it be able to play on my ps3/other newer devices (I'm away from my apartment right now, can't test them on there till tomorrow) if it plays properly on my computer?? Is playing properly from beginning to end on my computer a good sign that it isn't the disc/burning process/my burner??

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!