Strategy for gun buy backs?

A while back there was a post about a gun buy back offering $100 gift cards that included comments about how people would like to buy a few for themselves. I know they were joking but could it really be done? Was wondering if any gun store or pawn shop ever ran their own ads with something like "Bring your... show more A while back there was a post about a gun buy back offering $100 gift cards that included comments about how people would like to buy a few for themselves. I know they were joking but could it really be done? Was wondering if any gun store or pawn shop ever ran their own ads with something like "Bring your guns to us first, we may offer you a lot more than that $100, and we pay cash". May have to look at a lot of so-so guns, but you never know when that old WWII sniper rifle may come in. If local news pick up on it there could be a lot of free advertising as well, not to mention the fact that the liberals would just howl.
Update: Yes I understand about stolen guns, or ones used in a crime, but some people have guns that were just left to them by deceased relatives, and they know nothing about them. To them it's just an easy way to get a little $$ for something they don't need.
Update 2: Maxim machine guns still show up from time to time out of peoples attics. There is no telling what is still left out there. With the WWII generation dying off at such a fast rate there are still plenty of undiscovered treasures to be found.
Update 3: Maxim machine guns still show up from time to time out of peoples attics. There is no telling what is still left out there. With the WWII generation dying off at such a fast rate there are still plenty of undiscovered treasures to be found.
12 answers 12