Can I convert an EFI car to use a Carburator? WHAT DO I need?

Ive got a 1986 Ford Escort that was converted from EFI to Carb. Its a 1.9L engine. The car was running awefull, rough idle, no acceleration...very poor one. Hesitation, Knocking etc. Ive noticed that the spark plug wires where stripped, and the spark plugs where oil wet or gasoline wet. This job was done 15 years... show more Ive got a 1986 Ford Escort that was converted from EFI to Carb. Its a 1.9L engine. The car was running awefull, rough idle, no acceleration...very poor one. Hesitation, Knocking etc. Ive noticed that the spark plug wires where stripped, and the spark plugs where oil wet or gasoline wet. This job was done 15 years ago. I was a child with no interest in cars...

So a year ago, one day a friend borrowed me a battery so that I could warm up the car, once a month...the battery didnt had positive or negative label. I was lazy and didnt wanted to get a voltmeter to see which was which...so, I did the dumbest thing ever, connect the battery terminals the worng way! positive to negative and negative to positive.

While cranking the engine. I heard a loud spark and some smoke coming from the engine bay...

After that stupid act, I went and tried to bench test the starter with another battery...and didnt move a bit. So, maybe the starter is out...and possibly the alternator.

So finally, if I want to restore the car, and leave it with a carburator, should I be concerned by the EFI computer after connecting the battery backwards?

I just want the car to start, and run...

What things should the car have in good condition so that it may run with a carburator?

Im guessing, starter, alternator, fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor, and a good sealed engine----> cylinder head, intake manifold, o rings etc, exhaust system.

And things that I dont need...all the fuel emission components....sensors and stuff like that...

Do caburators need the EFI computer? or any other electronic systems when they are converted from EFI----> carb?

note: I want to sell the car because its taking space...

thanks for the suggestions!