2 points on a 16 year old's license punishment?

I'm 16 and just got a citation for going 44 in a 25, in Ohio 10-29 mph over in a below 55 zone is 2 points. What is the punishment for a 2 point infraction on my license? The court date is for may 24th which is 6 months and 1 day after I got my license. We will be getting it pushed even farther back due to my school exams. What is the punishment? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The punishment? Insurance rates you'll never be able to afford before you hit 25 (or whenever points come off your license in Ohio). If you reach a set amount of points (also determined by the individual state), you get your license revoked.

BUT.....if you go to court no matter what you'll likely receive a reduced sentence. I've gone 3 times and plead guilty for two to get reduced fines (in CA). On a third ticket I contested and when the court date came up to plead my case the officer did not show up, most likely since it was near Christmas, and I received no fines and the case was thrown out.

You have lots of decisions here.

Source(s): Personal experience