What are some good books to read ?

I recently finished the hunger games books and they were awesome books and was wanting to know if there were any books as good as those that I should read next ?

Favorite Answer

1) The Gone series by Michael Grant

2) The Escape from the Furnace series by Alexander Gordon Smith

3) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossieni

4) The Fault in our Stars by John Green

If you want something with action like the Hunger Games and AMAZING characters, go for 1 and 2, but especially 1. If you want something that will make you tear up so badly your eyes fall out of your skull, go with 3 and 4.

1) Gone is my favorite series ever. It has simply amazing characters. Seriously, they're all very diverse, complex, interesting, and well-developed. It has a fantastic plot, and it gets better with each book. It really does look stupid when you read the description and watch the HORRENDOUS book trailers on youtube, but really it's amazing. Be careful though. It gets better with each book, but it also gets more disturbing.

2) The Escape from the Furnace series is also a fantastic example of don't judge a book by it's cover. It may seem silly at first, but really it's fantastic. It's full of action and the characters are great. You will NEVER get bored, and the ending of the third book... I almost sh*t my pants, it was so epic.

3) This one was actually written by adults, but if you're mature enough to handle extremely serious and often explicit subject matter, you'll be fine. Oh, the tears I cried for this one. The writing is beautiful, the characters dimensional. It was disturbing at times, but it's worth it in the end. I think everyone should read this book at some point in their lives.

4) This one I read very recently. Again with the characters and the plot, and the writing was interesting, sometimes cynical, but overall very well done. I cried so hard with this one. This one, like Gone and EFTF, is Young Adult. It's realistic fiction though, and doesn't have alot of action.

Look these up and see what suits your interest!

• virgen

Some of those are from feminine views, a few is also somewhat "girly woman" to your liking however others will have to be k. I've left each style on and you'll make a decision. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) Playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers advisor to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary Crew) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp within the South; Poor Man's Orange; Missus (Trilogy via Ruth Parks) Where the Heart is (Billie Letts) My Place (Sally Morgan) Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) The three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) Anything via the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Whatever you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

I finished the hunger games series and currently reading "life of Pi", if you're old enough. The kite runner,war and peace, the maze runner, and the great gatsby are other good books :)

I would suggest the Darktower series by Stephen King or the Safehold series by David Weber.

Maybe the maze runner or divergent