Glad Manchester City won the Premier League - but where do we go from 8th this season ?

I am very happy and satisfied City won the title this season and not you know who.

I just wanted to get that off my chest and actualy share that with you all - be under no illusion, I'm actualy very pleased City finished 1st instead of United after 38 games.

When they don't win the title and miss out on it - its a great.

I hope they don't win any silverware next season either.

Rooney to go to Bayern or Real Madrid. Outside bet - City shock the world and show just HOW powerful they are , as a financial powerhouse in English footie - by bringing him to the Ethiad lol

having said that - I am far more interested in our own affairs, I hope Dalglish and his band of over hyped over rated British players come good next season and silence their critics.

8th is a catastrophy for the club - it cannot afford to resign itself to this sort of mediocrity for too long or else we will cease to become a big club in the modern age for good.

Ambition is required and we must instill the belief at our club that the Premier League title is the main long term goal - its the one trophy the club cannot shy away from wanting to challenge for, it must not because its foundations were built around dominating the league in the yester-year.

of course top 4 is priority but we were a top four club for decade while we watched our bitterest rivals take title year in year out.

that must change - we need to bring in more stars from overseas whilst not neglecting our youth academy - because the impotus of home grown young impressionable talent cannot be overlooked.

Best Answer

Don't they still get Europa League because they won the Carling Cup.

@Tomasso : They won the Carling Cup, so pretty sure they are in the Europa League?

Are Liverpool really at this stage? Where most of the joy they have come the end of the season is seeing United not win a trophy? Sorry, but that is really quite sad.

Manchester United will be back challenging next season. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded, or really really bitter.

As for Rooney, I don't see anyone stumping up the cash it would take for him to leave... Would be over £50m, and then wages of around £250k a week....

As for Liverpool. You stopped being a "big club for the modern age" a while ago. Sure you've have some success, but you haven't won the league since it became "The Premier League", and that is truly diabolical. And if you can't CHALLENGE for the league, let alone win it, how can you be considered a big club?

You aren't even close to being a top 4 team right now. Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle and Chelsea are all far better teams overall, and for a team which used to be rather good, thats diabolical!

As for bringing in "stars" from overseas... Why would they join Liverpool? Not much hope of playing Champions League football, and not much chance of winning anything of note. Plus, with Financial Fair Play, it would be pointless to go out and spend money you don't have to get into the CL, only to be booted out of it because you haven't stayed within the financial constraints of Uefa.

• Ian

probably 9th or 10th.

Edit: Can I ask you what you honestly expect that Liverpool squad to achieve in the league?

Henderson, downing & carroll. 3 of the worst signings Liverpool will ever make. I can see Suarez leaving to join PSG. This doesn't seem like the same club that had the likes of Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso in it's team just a few years back. This team is no where near top 4 & did well to stay in the top half. As for Dalglish, any sensible Liverpool fan will want him out I would think. He made those signings, they failed miserably, & he has to take responsibility for it.

you actually sound like you speak sense compared to most liverpool fans who are all history history zzzzzzzzzzzz. you recognise your england players are just english n that is all, but you dont need to go back on your laurels and start doing ok with a team full of foriegners again. it may well not work due to new financial rules and home grown players etc, i think liverpool just need to be pegged back abit for a few years n then rise again so they can learn from mistakes and also shut the fans up for abit

You're obviously not more interested in your own affairs, you're a typical Liverpool fan obsessed with United, or you wouldn't have even mentioned us in the first place. You shouldn't be happy that another team, besides your own won the league

Obviously you have to take baby steps and and set realistic goals for next year, Dalgish's problem is that he thought he could splash Liverpool's bank account to Top 4.

aim for a 5th place finish

Buy a LM. Buy Krasic to sort out the RM where Kuyt is leaving and Henderson isn't good at all. We also need a striker.

Next season you will be lucky to get 8th with your dinosaur manager and his bunch of second rate stiffs.

Enjoy your thursday nights on Channel 5.

8th is good. You don't have to worry about the worthless Europa League anymore

vv doesn't FA Cup winner go to Europa league?

edit: I just looked it up, you are right L&D