Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 8 years ago

Comparative general insurance costs for different types of vehicles (SUV, crossover, car)?

I'm a newer driver and have never owned a car. I'm looking into buying one and I want to know about the average insurance costs. I've been told that SUVs have higher insurance costs.

I'm looking into a 03 Ford Escape, is that considered an SUV? Also, how much is the average cost difference (of insurance!) if I was comparing it to a car such as a 03 Pontiac grand am?

I realize this might be a dumb question and probably varies a lot, but a general answer is all I'm asking for!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The cheapest vehicles to insure are 4 door 4 cylinder vehicles. If it's a V6 or V8 it will be more expensive, if it has 2 doors it will be more expensive, and if the vehicles has a higher weight (SUV, Big Truck, Van) it will be more expensive.

Source(s): I'm an insurance agent
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

At - INSUREDEAL.INFO- you can get quotes in just a few minutes

RE Comparative general insurance costs for different types of vehicles (SUV, crossover, car)?

I'm a newer driver and have never owned a car. I'm looking into buying one and I want to know about the average insurance costs. I've been told that SUVs have higher insurance costs.

I'm looking into a 03 Ford Escape, is that considered an SUV? Also, how much is the average cost difference (of insurance!) if I was comparing it to a car such as a 03 Pontiac grand am?

I realize this might be a dumb question and probably varies a lot, but a general answer is all I'm asking for!

• 5 years ago

Compare free quotes from dif companies at http://HELP.INSTANT-INSURANCE.NET/-zljbcAH551

RE Comparative general insurance costs for different types of vehicles (SUV, crossover, car)?

I'm a newer driver and have never owned a car. I'm looking into buying one and I want to know about the average insurance costs. I've been told that SUVs have higher ...show more

• 5 years ago

Compare insuran ce quotes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • steve
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

not enough to matter get the SUV it will well be worth it

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This site can help you finding the best deal in your area: QUOTES-FOR-INSURANCE.NET

• 4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.