Why are people complaining about the gay "marriage" ban??? wtf?
People should just stop! It is fair that NC banned it along with other states because same sex "marriage" is NOT MARRIAGE at all. The definition of Marriage is: "The state of being united to a person OF THE OPPOSITE SEX as husband or wife." Not the state of being united to a person OF THE SAME SEX. Same sex "marriage" should NEVER be counted as marriage. What do you think? and no i am not religious just facts i am pointing out.
and yes i asked this again for more opinion and i am just asking for gay people to stop thinking their "marriage" is marriage. I want them to know its called a CIVIL UNION not marriage.
uh i didnt know NC banned civil unions....now thats going to far...i understand them banning gay marriage though
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Copypasta. Yawn, grow up, d*ck head.
Look I can copy things too.
Why are people complaining about the marriage ban? I have a problem with banning equal rights for gays, clearly you do not.
Marriage was defined between a woman and a man by religion, Christianity. So, that would violate "church and state should remain seperate". Marriage is between two consenting adults. And why shouldn't two people who are of age and love each other have the right to marry? Stop treating us like second class citizens.
You are wonderful at pointing out facts, dearest, but you happen to leave the important ones out. Like how homosexuality is not a choice, and how we are treated differently and not given civil rights. How we have been persecuted for who we cannot help but be.
One more thing, exactly WHY should it be between woman and man? Where is your evidence, your proof, your logic? You have none.
"It is not MARRIAGE the definition from laws even say it is the unity between the OPPOSITE sex" Honey, clearly you cannot read because we are answering your "question". It should NOT be a civil union because of all the rights that come with marriage (joint adoption, joint custody, visitation in hospital, joint insurance. SO many)
- TylerLv 48 years ago
Civil unions do not come with the same rights as marriages do. Gay MARRIAGE is what is wanted. The rights and equal treatment. You are being ignorantly bigoted and would not be able to hold this up as a valid argument if you tried.
- Kali TopomaLv 48 years ago
marriage is just a word; its meaning is arbitrary. the problem is that by calling a union between two people something different solely based on their gender is just like suggesting that one is better than the other, which it is not! besides, its not just an issue of marriage between homosexuals is illegal in most states, its that even Civil Unions are also illegal in most states. Most homosexuals cannot even get a civil union. Besides, homosexuality has existed for thousands of years, long before the bible came into existence. many ancient societies, including the romans, allowed homosexuals to marry.
grow up, ignorant troll.
- Tayler Cee MusoLv 68 years ago
1. a similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
10. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.Source(s): You copypaste, I copypaste.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
Really the only reason I care is because it seperates us from others and makes us seem like we aren't worthy to take part in this straight people thing and civil unions don't have the same rights. The definition can be changed who gives a **** about that I just want to be treated like every other human being and I want to be people to recognize that gay people are giving consent when we choose to get married which is what seperates us from pedophiles and such and that's why we are okay and they aren't. We aren't monsters who seek to destroy the definition of marriage we are people looking to be treated as equals.
- Envy Is My GodLv 78 years ago
that's ridiculous, marriage throughout history has not had the same meaning, it's definition has changed several times, so anyone using the "traditional definition of marriage" argument is a moron, yes gays should be allowed marriage, not to mention that abhorrent law passed in NC that will hopefully be overturned does not just affect gays, look at the other stuff in it, it also affects single parent families, and more
- The Corn ColonelLv 68 years ago
*sigh*, you realize a while ago people used to say the exact same thing about black people voting. People used to say "Voting is a privilage for WHITE people, why can't black people understand that", luckily opinions change over time. Now you are just stuck in that same old thought process, "Marraige is only for straight people", and society is starting to leave that opinion behind
You seem to also misunderstand that a civil union and a marraige are VERY different things, a civil union gives far less rights.
- The OneLv 68 years ago
You are just a low life person who wants to be superior to somebody.
Separate but equal is like treating gay love as inferior and Straight love
is Superior.Married people are entitled to more RIGHTS and PRIVILEGES
not given to "Civil Unions".EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL !!
Did you know NC also BANNED Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships ?
- Silence DogoodLv 78 years ago
Shut the f*ck up, marriage is marriage, gay or straight. NC is a state of bigots.
- IvoryLv 68 years ago
Why are you complaining about gay marriage?