Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 8 years ago

Intel i5 2500 can't play high end video games?

Hey so a couple of weeks back I bought an I5 2500 and my Microsoft rating overall is 5.1 and my graphics is 6.1 and says its capable of running high end video games and 3d rendering. But when I attempt to play gta iv or skyrim I reach a terrible 5-10 fps, so here's my specs

H61m-vs motherboard

Intel i5 2500

4gb corsair ram

HD Radeon 5450 1gb graphics card (upgrading very soon)

250gb western digital hard drive

700w alpine power sulply

I have no idea what's wrong, but I have been told maybe its the bios, if any genius knows how to help me I am very greatful. Thanks :)

• Ken
    Favorite Answer

You do indeed have a problem for running any game on that rig, but it is definitely not the i5 2500 CPU. It is your graphics card. The Radeon HD 5450 is a very low-end graphics card, and is only suited for surfing the net, watching movies, and general computer use. Not for gaming at all.

If you get a decent card, such as the Radeon HD 6870, you'll see your frame rates sky-rocket.

That is a fine CPU.

Just get a better card, like this one: You'll be good to go.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

• Lu

Micro Atx form factor mainboards are always going to limited bois,limited Overclocking,and heat related issues by nature.

Your's does not seem to have any of these symtoms.

Check to see if your memory is i5 ddr3 (N). that would be the required memory for that motherboard.

Also your board is gonna need more card to do those games any way.

Where your good is the fact that the board does not bottle neck that easy on pci-e 2.0 because it has a 6gb pci-e bandwidth and memory controller on the chip.

• LDP

Don't listen to what Adam has said. You don't need more RAM unless you do heavy multitasking or video editing.

Anyway, CPUs play a small part when considering gaming performance. What REALLY matters is your graphics card. Having a good CPU will only help so much - having a good graphics card will increase your FPS loads.

Short version: You don't need more RAM, get a better graphics card for greater performance, your CPU is good.

Your processor is fine. It is your video card. A Radeon HD 5450 is more for being able to play HD videos without hiccups rather than to game. A video card like a Radeon HD 6850 would out perform it nearly by nine times.

NO.Your system is not good enough, you are talking about high end Games,

High end games is for the high end pc's

But excemption to that you can play that on mid range pc but in low quality, slow FPS.

your processor will bottle neck you GPU. Make it sure that you look at all the aspect of the gaming PC requirements...eg.. Motherboard FSB, Memory capacity and Timing, Processor Cores/Clock speed and Cache, power supply. It doesn't matter the hard drive it is only a storage.

• ?

The i5 2500K can max anything out right now...its pretty much the gamers processor of choice.

As was said already, the problem is definitely your graphics card.