Chloe! asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

How should I wear my make up to the dinner dance?

My dress is black with sequins, and I'm wearing pink wedges with it. I have absolutely no clue I should wear my makeup.. I have fair skin, and like an oval shaped face. I have baby blue eyes. I do wear glasses and I want my eyes to stand out.

So yeah help me xx

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm thinking kinda like a "youthful" makeup look. Minimal makeup and bringing out your features instead of covering them up.

I recommend:

-Champagne eyeshadow (UD Sin, MUFE #13, Benefit RSVP, MAC Naked Lunch or Jest, this post has drugstore eyeshadows:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201103...

-Brown in the crease (UD Naked mixed with UD Buck, MAC Sable, any bronzer, Maybelline 210 Urban Brown)

-Dark brown in the outer "v" for more definition **OPTIONAL** (UD Hustle, CG Brown Smolder, any dark brown will work. Whether it's shimmery, frosty or matte doesn't matter. You can't tell the finish when you apply it like this.

-Highlight your browbone, inner corner, and center of the lid with a shimmery or matte white/light eyeshadow (I don't recommend the highlight color having tons of shimmer because that will create fallout) (MAC Brule, Laura Mercier Sparkling Dew, CoverGirl Champagne, Maybelline Champagne Fizz, any light eyeshadow, or even a powder highlighter, will work)

-Thin line of black liquid or gel/cream eyeliner (tip: have the line be thin in the inner corner and have it gradually thicken as you move to the outer corner) (Bobbi Brown Black Ink, L'Oreal Lineur Intense, MAC Blacktrack, Maybelline Gel liner. For brushes, I like MAC's 210 or 209. My mom has the Sonia Kashuk Pointed eyeliner brush and it's amazing. The Bent Eyeliner brush, also by Sonia Kasuk, is supposed to be good, too. EcoTools also makes a good angled eyeliner brush. I have the MAC 266 angled liner brush. It's good, but pointed liner brushes are easier to work with)

-Curl your lashes (any eyelash curler will work)

-Apply your favorite volumizing mascara (I adore CoverGirl lashblast and YSL Faux Cils)

-Apply a pink blush (NARS Orgasm, Maybelline Bouncy Blush- Pink Frosting, there are so many pink blushes to choose from, so it doesn't really matter. Also, I like using a sponge, an angled blush brush, or fingers for cream blushes and a powder brush or angled blush brush for powder)

-Finish off with a light/medium pink lip (MAC Fanfare is one of my personal favorites, but any pink within the light and medium color range will work)

Good luck!!

BTW:

UD=Urban Decay

CG=CoverGirl

MUFE=Make Up For Ever

Also, there are many palettes with similar eyeshadow colors available. I've heard amazing things about CoverGirl's Shimmering Sands trio, which has 3 similar colors to the ones I listed above.

For brushes, I recommend applying the lid/highlight colors with a flat shader brush. The crease color/outer v color is easiest to apply with a fluffy lending brush (I adore the MAC 224 brush and it's 110% worth the investment)

For your face makeup:

-Conceal blemishes and dark circles with a concealer (anything that you like and that's your shade)

-Use a light/medium coverage foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere or CG's NatureLuxe)

-Use a matte bronzer to contour **OPTIONAL**

-Apply a light layer of bronzer with a powder brush all over your face for a nice glow **OPTIONAL**

-Highlight your face with a luminizer (MAC strobe cream, Benefit High Beam, MAC Soft & Gentle, Maybelline Lumi)

Hope this helped!!(:

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know how old you are but try just wearing some brown eye shadow and mascara, brown eye shadow makes blue eyes stand out and mascara makes eye lashes longer, if you want you can also wear foundation, your choice x

• 9 years ago

with black you dont want to go overly dramatic. light pretty colors is best.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.