Is Arnold Schwarzenegger a bad actor?

I ask this because people keep saying Arnold Schwarzenegger is a terrible actor and yet he's become a screen icon like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne and everyone seems to love him and his movies and his one-liners.

Favorite Answer

I think he's a very good actor for the roles he plays, I also think that his build + accent + attitude has something to do with it.

Who doesn't love arny though, even if he isn't the best actor in other fields Hes perfectly suited for the typical action man with awesome punchlines.

His one liners are just the best when he sais them :D

He's my favourite actor

Arnold Schwarzenegger Acting

For all of us who thinks Arnold or Keanu are one-word, impassive actors, those human beings have not considered Junior, The devil's propose. those human beings have not considered what actual undesirable appearing sounds like... like the appearing contained in the Room or Birdemic. Hell, i'd say quite some the appearing in three hundred became extra stoic and unrealistic than Arnold or Keanu Reeves have ever been of their career.

People are too conned by his speech-impediment, making him sound retarded, the fact that he is so freaking well known as the killer cyborg, so well known for delivering nothing but one-liners. People keep forgetting the kind of versatility he brought to movies like True Lies or Junior. I mean, as creepy as it may have seemed, seeing The Terminator running around, pregnant, look at all of the emotions that killer robot is putting out.

Well I like him because he plays the emotionless killer very well, and when he was cast at the robot role in terminator he was great. Arguably he is not a very good actor because he isn't as technical as some of todays actors, but he still does expressions and does what he's told. Also he gets hired because of his body over his talent.

I don't think he's a terrible actor at all. He stars in action movies that would make a lot of established actors look really stupid. Could you imagine Brad Pitt as the Terminator in Terminator 2? I think he's outstanding for his genre. People are just talking rubbish anyway. One day they'll be saying one thing the next day another. You'll only know when they are dead.

Arnold uses the Schwartz

He's such a bad actor he's funny......same with John Wayne.

Everyone doesn't love John Wayne......I never liked him.

• Bee

Sometimes his acting is so bad that it's good. Meaning that it's funny to watch.

Otherwise, he did fine in the Terminator movies.

Nooooo My fave