Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 8 years ago

Hi Auroralith,Net10 sellers said that lg optimus net is a cdma phone.?

But net10 is a gsm service provider.

If I take lg optimus net phone back to india, does indian gsm sim cards work well in lg optimus net. In other words, is lg optimus net is a dual band phone(both gsm and cdma)?

Sorry for using your name in question. As you said are very experienced with net10, I want the answer from you.Sorry.

Favorite Answer

I'm not Auroralith, but I do own the LG Optimus Net. It does NOT have GSM capability, and there is no SIM card slot. So it won't work on a GSM provider in India or anywhere else.

If you want a phone that you can use both in the U.S. on Net10's plans and in India, I'd suggest getting only the SIM card from Net10 and use your own phone. There's more info about this program at the link below.

You can then buy an unlocked phone to use with this plan. There are many options among the various Android models, but some favorites are the Motorola Atrix for a lower-cost phone, or the Samsung Infuse for a higher-end phone.

You can get the phones from many places, including eBay or Craigslist. Just make sure you get an unlocked GSM model, or get a locked phone that you can unlock with a code purchased on the web.