With auto insurance ...does changing policy holder and primary driver mean a lower insurance quote?

I live in NY I have an accident in my driving history. My fiancee is insured under my policy as well as I but I am the primary driver. I was told if I listed her as the primary, they would rate the insurance on her history, not mine. I was later told I had to open a new policy completely, listing her as the... show more I live in NY

I have an accident in my driving history. My fiancee is insured under my policy as well as I but I am the primary driver. I was told if I listed her as the primary, they would rate the insurance on her history, not mine.

I was later told I had to open a new policy completely, listing her as the primary me as the secondary driver, for insurance to rate against her history, not mine.

Is this true?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Best answer lands a 10!
0