How do you adjust a Fast ace BDA-01AR rear shock?

I purchased Fast ace BDA-01AR rear shock and it was supposed to be 270mm eye to eye, but it is about 285mm. It is supposed to be adjustable, but I can't find any instructions on how to do adjust it smaller. Can anyone help?

Thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • John R
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Fast Ace rear shock should have three adjustments on it.

1. Spring pre-load.

2. Compression and rebound Damping.

3. Air.

I am unfamiliar with the BDA=01AR shock, but it goes like this.

Spring pre-load is for setting the ride height and stiffness of the spring. There should be one or more "spanner" collars. You just use a spanner wrench to compress the spring. This increases spring tension and makes the shock stiffer.

Compression and rebound damping. Most Fast Ace shocks will have "twin clickers". One at the top of the shock and the other at the bottom. The top is for compression damping and the bottom is for rebound damping. Compression is how fast the shock goes down. Rebound is how fast the shock pushes back up.

Air adjustment. The last adjustment is for air. The Fast Ace should have nitrogen gas in the shock. Some Fast Ace shocks have a remove reservoir. There will be an air nipple just like on your tire inner tube. You add or lessen the amount of nitrogen in the shock to assist the shock spring.. A motorcycle dealer would have to do this for you as most shocks are pressurized past 180 psi.

Source(s): Riding and racing since 1973. Ex-Honda/Yamaha mechanic.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you adjust a Fast ace BDA-01AR rear shock?

I purchased Fast ace BDA-01AR rear shock and it was supposed to be 270mm eye to eye, but it is about 285mm. It is supposed to be adjustable, but I can't find any instructions on how to do adjust it smaller. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Source(s): adjust fast ace bda 01ar rear shock: https://biturl.im/3loha
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

If there is an adjustment, it will be two collars threaded onto the shock body at the top of the spring. A spanner wrench designed to turn them is best, but you can do it with channel locks. Back the top collar off a bit and turn the bottom collar down the shaft till you have the desired ride height. Re-tighten the top collar, it locks the other in place. This is called pre-loading the spring. The bike should sag about a half-inch with your full weight on it. XR100's are not designed to carry much more than 100 pounds.

• 4 years ago

Fastace Shocks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.