I told my mom that I love My Little Pony...now she is really upset?

Today I confided in my mother that I like the new My Little Pony show. At first she was like, "Okay...that's fine." But a few minutes later she came to me and said, "Look...I'm going to be frank with you. You're 18-years-old. You're going to college soon. I'm going to give you... show more Today I confided in my mother that I like the new My Little Pony show. At first she was like, "Okay...that's fine." But a few minutes later she came to me and said, "Look...I'm going to be frank with you. You're 18-years-old. You're going to college soon. I'm going to give you some good advice right now. Do NOT tell anyone at college that you enjoy watching that show. You'll regret it."

I told her that "bronies" are usually in the 16-25 year old age range, but she was insistent. She said, "Why would you want to fight that fight? You're setting yourself up for ridicule, and you're going to have a terrible time in college if you don't start manning up, taking responsibility, and acting like an adult. For Pete's sake....Ponies? Really? That's like if you were into Strawberry Shortcake or the Telletubbies."

I told her that she wasn't being open-minded enough, but that just made her angry. She said, "It's one thing to be open-minded, and it's another thing to just be a weirdo. I'm going to be blunt here. You ARE weird for liking that show, and you'll have a horrible time living in this society if you don't hide that bizzare interest!! Most NORMAL people can't talk about ponies for a whole God-d*** hour! Geez..."

She really hurt my feelings when she said that. She had not reacted in the way I wanted her to at all. Now she's ticked at me, AND ashamed of me for liking a show that she thinks I shouldn't like. What do I do now? How do I convince her that my interest is not that bad? I told her, "Hey, at least I'm doing this instead of doing drugs!"
She responded with, "Just leave me alone."

How can I get her to change her mind about me and the show?