Do you think the negative campaign ads sway a voter or do they just feed the fire of those already committed?

to the candidate. When I say feed the fire I mean like getting them stirred up like a tent revival.

Best Answer

Negative campaign ads sway the voters. I was in the Midwest a short while before the recent elections and I saw nothing but constant negative television ads against certain candidates. I was truly shocked at the number and the intensity. The results bear out the effectiveness of the ads.

I think that as a result of Citizens United, concentrated corporate money may be able to buy elections this year with negative advertising unless the Democrats speak up forcefully and start yelling and screaming about what is going on.

• Alisha

Negative campaign ads don't change my mind about candidates I already know a lot about.

I think those are generally made for the undecided voters that don't want to do a lot of research.

• NCR

they definitely work. I heard some politically naive person say she voted for Barbara Boxer for senate because she saw a negative ad that said Carly Fiorina sent jobs overseas when she was at HP. I was shocked and disgusted, I asked, "oh yeah and how many jobs has Barbara Boxer created or saved? She just comes out of hiding ever so often and crows about abortion and global warming!"

Romney beat out other, more conservative candidates, in an increasingly conservative GOP. Seems ample proof of the power of negative ads.

Its all to make you think there is a difference in the candidates.

You Tube "Romney Obama The Same?"

they definitely work and they feed fire. u remember the one with the atomic bomb with a little girl on a playground and it says "i will win this war" ? lyndon johnson's opponents completely lost the election because of that one terrorizing attack ad.

• Wayne

I hate them , vote according to has the cleanest campaign . This time it will not be obama

they work... and it's going to be a very negative campaign...