why do people like mainstream pop?

i know, the majority of people like the bullshit that leaks out of our stereos broadcast from some shitty radio station somewhere, but i am just wondering why people actually like it, it's a way they can make money off everyone and actually they have no talent.... can I give everybody that is seeing this an example, Justin Beiber, he's a perfect example as he has no actual talent, he just sings into a microphone and pays a dj to auto tune his voice into the squeaky bullshit you are hearing today. my point being why do you people like this **** that is blatantly not their voices and please just go with music not because it is number one in the charts, but listen to people with actual talent. if you are offended by this.... bite me!

In response answer why you like mainstream, thanks in advance.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Because it's mainstream. It's made for people to like.

I just wanted to respond to uɐıʌıΛ's answer.

The music I like Group 1: e.g. Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Liszt

Why I like it: The tremendously skill required to not only write but play some of their compositions is extraordinary. I am a pianist but I could never envisage myself writing something like Rachmaninoff's Third Concerto, and why should I? These composers (and others) are poets of music. True musicians. Anyone who writes music using a computer program with synthesised sounds should never be included in the same category.

The music I like group 2: e.g. Rammstein, Nevermore, David Gray.

Why I like it: Okay David Gray doesn't quite fit musically, with the other two but in most other ways he does. The lyrics alone for these aritist could stand lone as poetry. Seemann by Rammstein, Fixative by David Gray and Sorrowed Man by Nevermore show this too well. You just don't get this in the vast majority of pop music. Then you have the musical skill. Jeff Loomis of Nevermore (until recently) is one of the most brilliant musicians I have ever heard. Warrel Dane, has the most amazing voice I have ever heard (and I've heard recordings from Meatloaf in his prime lol). This music extends to so much more the nothing that is pop music. They have given me high standards, and I'm glad that they have.

Now, someone tell me why they like pop music...

It's easy to access and digest and requires no thinking. It's like the McDonalds of music

Metal queen Miley Cyrus

• ?

I used to like pop music when I was young (like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4

Youtube thumbnail

), but if Justin Bieber existed back then, I still wouldn't like his music, my reaction would probably be "he just says baby over and over, this is stupid"

People still listen to radio stations?

in my view I despise all pop song and that i stay far off from it altogether yet hiya if its your situation to love the Korean stuff then yeah. something is greater useful then "shutters" american pop eww >.<

Hi..

Why do you like whatever music it is that you like? There's your answer.

cuz they are more talented than the non mainstream.....if justin bieber is ur example then idk what to tell u. hes a little kid. check out Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Jason Derulo....all very talented musicians.