How can people protect themselves from illegal guns that many people carry or have in their posession?

Ii believe that one way or the other it will be impossible for the cops to confinscate all the illegal weapons that are on the street. And besides that the manufacturing industry behind it is working strongly against gun banning laws. So I believe thew remedy to this will be to make to bullet prove vest more accessible to the population specially in high risk areas along with promoting antigun laws. And some type of publoic weapon detector that could be put in uncouspicuos places to detect guns specifically. in that way people will not be stopped unnecessarily avoiding this way racial profiling and discrimination. Finally bullet prove vewst should be sold at affordable prices for he general public.

Best Answer

Bullet PROOF vests don't stop all types of bullets. A bullet PROOF vest wouldn't help you if you were shot in the head, throat, thighs, etc.

Bullet PROOF vests are already easily accessible - all you need is a credit card and access to a computer and for $300 or so you can have one delivered right to your door.

People can protect themselves by refraining from engaging in illegal behavior (people who work a responsible 9 to 5 job are much less likely to find themselves at risk from an illegal gun than a guy who is selling drugs on the corner).

People can also protect themselves by moving to vey pro-gun areas. (As the communities that are MOST anti-gun are the ones with the highest crime rates.) An armed society is a polite one. Take a look at who victims of armed robberies are most likely to be in the State of Florida - a state with very liberal gun laws. The ones who get held up are the tourists - because tourists aren't allowed to carry guns.

• Liz

You go ahead and wear the vest. I'll just shoot you in the head. Oops.I think we've found the flaw in your logic,haven't we?

Tell me,just how are you going to "detect" these guns,AND "detect" ONLY the illegal ones? There are handguns AND ammo made that pass right through a metal detector available right now.

"People will not be stopped unnecessarily"? Really? How about me and the LEGAL weapon I carry? Or do MY Second Amendment Rights not matter one whit to you?

It amazes me how halfwits such as yourself can live with your head in the sand and ignore your basic American history. We wouldn't even HAVE a country if we didn't have the freedom to arm ourselves.

Our founding fathers were not stupid (thank god) they had the bill of rights in order of importance. The first is religion and speech. We were oppressed and it caused a war Wich made it so that we have that freedom. Now the next part is the right to own a gun. Without guns we would not be independent of great Britain so they are important and help stop the govt from getting doctoral power.

I hate people like you. You think banning guns is a good thing, America was founded on guns. If you think guns should be banned and made illegal, you sir are a total idiot.

• Lesus

I don't see the second amendment being repealed or the supreme court changing its interpretation in the foreseeable future.

Hope you dont have to go that far. Be safe.

GOD BLESS THE SECOND ADMENDMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!