Homemade pizza rolls?

Has anyone ever made any of their own pizza rolls before? I really want to make my own, that taste like actual pizza rolls. How do you make them, and what do you use to make them? Thanks for reading!

Favorite Answer

I would make regular pizza dough and cut it into small pieces. Roll those out real thin and fill fill with a little pizza sauce, cheese and whatever topping you would normally use.

Then roll up and bake

The dough would probably have to be something like a pierogi dough (a pierogi is a Polish dumpling that is stuffed and folded over, like a little calzone, and then usually deep fried). Pizza dough just has flour, water, and yeast in it (plus a bit of salt and sugar). This would result in a thick, bready roll that would be more like a pizza pillow. But, pierogi dough doesn't use yeast, and it has eggs and butter in it, which makes it thin and it would crisp up more like a store-bought pizza roll. This would also work very well fried.