Iran plus nuclear weapons. Good or bad?

What are the pros and cons about Iran getting nuclear weapons?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Kojak
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

FIRST...Nuclear weapons are primarily "offensive" weapons.....not "defensive" weapons. Unless Iran plans to attack someone ,they have no legitimate use for a nuclear weapon. They can not claim they need it as a nuclear deterrent because the only "enemy" they have who possesses nuclear weapons, has had them for over 40 years and never once even threatened to use them.

SECOND Why buy a car if you never intend to drive

THIRD.... The world has a nuclear non-proliferation treaty.... designed to REDUCE the number of nuclear weapons. It does not matter what Iran's current government plans to do with their nuclear weapon....merely having it constitutes a potential threat. At some point in the future some even more radical nut-job than they have now could gain access to those weapons and mis-use them......either against another nation or even against their own people. Official estimates range that over nine nuclear weapons.....man portable.....are unaccounted for in the Russian arsenal..... We do not need MORE nuclear weapons we need less

PEACE.... Get real..... A nuclear weapon is NOT going to increase Iran's security..... I have seen Iran's security up close and personal....I worked for the Shah of Iran.....They have six submarines.....America has over 700 at their disposal....America has more sailors on ONE aircraft carrier than Iran has in it's entire Navy.... their Air Force is outdated....in need of repair ....and for all practical purposes does not exist.....Almost all of their equipment.....that works.....was bought from other countries...... their Air Defense system is Russian and easily defeated....During the best of times Iran's military was outdated and a logistical nightmare ..... with the sanctions it is a joke..... having a nuclear weapon creates a HIGHER risk......as to benefiting the Iranian people..... FIRST nobody is saying they can not have nuclear power.....they are saying they can not have nuclear weapons SECOND Iran has all sorts of "power" options besides nuclear..... from hydroelectric to solar.....to fossil fuel..... they are not hurting for energy options.

GOYISHE....Israel is NOT developing nuclear weapons.....Israel has had nuclear weapons for over 40 years......AND What has the attack on the US Liberty got to do with anything.....Israel has NEVER attacked anyone except in self protection....You leave them alone; they will leave YOU alone

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There are NO pros to ANY nuclear weapons. But why not let them? When assessing a threat there are two things to look at: number 1 is capacity and number 2 is intent. If we let the USSR have nuclear weapons then and let north korea have them now why not Iran. Even if Iran had the capacity to attack us they have no intent for fear of large scale retaliation. They don't have the capacity as of yet and have no intention of attacking if/when they do obtain nuclear weapons.

Source(s): Israel would probably launch an attack first if anything. But they will probably have us do it for them.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

The USA is not currently making nuclear weapons. The USA is actually reducing the number of nuclear weapons it has. You heard wrong. The USA has not threatened other countries with them. The only threats made was to the USSR that was the Cold War.

• 9 years ago

It's a moot question because according to the IAEA and 16 intelligence agencies, they don't appear to be developing nuclear weapons, they have a nuclear program just like any other nation that signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

I think a fairer question would be "Israel plus nuclear weapons: good or bad?" Since Israel is developing nuclear weapons illegally, and not a signer of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and has attacked a US military ship in 1967.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Iran will give their nuclear weapons to Hezbollah.

• 9 years ago

It is a con for anyone to have a nuclear weapon, including the US. I am no liberal vagina and love guns, but nuclear weapons are a bit unnecessary as they will do nothing but kill thousands of people who are just trying to live a peaceful loving life because the governments of the world are greedy schitzp slimeballs.

However, if I were a country and all my neighbors with nuclear weapons hated me and a big country from the other side of the world with the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world hated me so bad that they have completely surrounded by country with their military, I think i might consider getting a nuclear weapon too. Call me crazy, but I think it is very naive to think we would not have the same reaction if we were in someone else's shoes.

• 6 years ago

there is not chance to talk good words about nuclear weapons. Just check a small tests what bring in scene.

http://weaponsmedia.com/video/Nuclear-Bomb-Test-Co...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, honestly no one nation should have the supreme power to uphold nuclear arms. Yet, personally if we have weapons of mass destruction, we should not deny any other nations want for them. Then again, we are living in such a hypocritical nation, that we always have double standards for everything.

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The only good nuclear weapon is an American one.

When the Iranians get a nuke (which they eventually will) they will either start behaving more responsibly or they will likely start a nuclear war with Israel.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Pro: Iran can't be bullied by those with nukes which is practically everyone around them.

Pro: America less likely to go to war with them.

Pro: If the do actually use the tech. for energy it would improve the lives of the Iranian people.

Cons: America can't make Iran it's B***h

Cons: More tools for fear mongers to use that would persuade otherwise good ppl to kill their fellow man

Like for real, we have thousands of nukes, why are we scared?

Source(s): The pure mind can weather any storm, peace and love sister =)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.