Brown v Board of Education Help!?

I I have to write a paper on Brown v Board of Education. I need to include why it was controversial, what courts it went through, what the decision were in the courts, and what this case means for people. If you can give me some info about it or give me an article I would be so happy. Please don't tell me to gfgi (I've tried)

Favorite Answer

Brown v. Board of Education

Actual Name: Oliver Brown et al. v. Board of Education of Topeka et al.

Case overview: declared state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students unconstitutional. "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."

Courts: Supreme Court

Decision: that segregated schools were unconstitutional this decision overturned a previous court case Plessy v. Ferguson which allowed state sponsored segregation

De jure (by law) racial segregation was ruled a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution. This ruling paved the way for integration and the civil rights movement.

heres an article http://www.watson.org/~lisa/blackhistory/early-civ...

Hope this helps you out! and I also double checked all of these facts so you don't have to worry about them being off unless they were wrong in more than one place! Good luck