Why aren't medical informed consent laws enforced when it comes to abortion?

As a minor you cannot give informed consent in the US. This means you cannot consent to undergo medical procedures because you are not "mature" enough to understand the associated risks, weigh the risk/reward and consent to the procedure. So you have to get a parent or guardian to consent on your... show more As a minor you cannot give informed consent in the US.

This means you cannot consent to undergo medical procedures because you are not "mature" enough to understand the associated risks, weigh the risk/reward and consent to the procedure. So you have to get a parent or guardian to consent on your behalf...that is the law.

EXCEPT for abortion. Wherein children are allowed to consent to abortions which do carry medical risks.

Heck, years ago when I was 16 I had to call my parents to give a doctor permission to give me a few stitches...but today a child can go get an abortion with anyone knowing.

Why is this ONE medical procedure exempt from laws meant to protect people from injury?

(and before you make arguments about how if the parents are told kids won't get abortions, that is irrelevant because accepting the risk associated with the procedure you want still exists, even if you are embarrassed)
Update: @scottb

well obviously the medical staff at the clinic knows...but the child's family doesn't have to be informed in any way. (I'm not sure that is all 50 states...but in some of them that is the reality)
Update 2: @NERO "fairness" doesn't really come onto the scope of medical informed consent laws. You don't get to accept dangers of death or serious injury that you do not understand because of "unfairness". You can't get a tooth pulled without giving INFORMED consent. And a minor by law... show more @NERO

"fairness" doesn't really come onto the scope of medical informed consent laws.

You don't get to accept dangers of death or serious injury that you do not understand because of "unfairness".

You can't get a tooth pulled without giving INFORMED consent. And a minor by law cannot give informed consent. Yet there seems to be a loophole in the laws that let minors undergo this particular medical procedure, which carries risks including infection, death, becoming sterile etc etc.

A child cannot legally accept those risks and consent to the procedure. Yet it is allowed to happen.
Update 3: @SMKELLER

Thanks for the stats.

So I guess my question is more specifically, why are medical informed consent laws bypassed in those two states and in DC?
Update 4: @ABITLEFT

Excellent point you raised

In these two states with no restrictions on minors and abortion....a child can be to young to legally consent to having sex, but it suddenly allowed to undergo a procedure that could cause life long physical problems...