Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which deck sealer should I use for my kid's playhouse?

Obviously I'm looking for longevity and also since it's for the kids, want it to dry nice, not sticky or tacky.

At Lowes they have:

Thompsons $60 (5 gallons) probably the most commonly used.

Flood CWF-UV Clear Waterproof sealer $90 Says it's good for 2 years on floors, 4 years on sides.

Olympic $80???

Olympic Maximum $150 Says it's good for 3 years

Leaning towards the Flood CWF UV. Will it dry nice so you can grab it?

Any advice from contractors that have used the products is appreciated.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I always use CWF-UV. It is a good value at $45 a year (two years at $90). Olympic MAX is good too but you're looking at $50 a year. The best plan is to be ready to maintain it.

Oh, and I'm a BIG fan of Lowe's Pro Desk. If you haven't gotten your lumber there yet, talk to a pro and get yourself a "Business Account" credit card. With that you get free delivery. Just keep in mind that the business account is not like a regular credit account, you MUST pay it off in 30 days. Still, free delivery will save you $90 (my area) and having the pro desk quote a price for the wood - it WILL be cheaper than if you go pick it up yourself. You get good product at a better price AND you don't have to haul it home.

Good luck.

")

Source(s): Just an old dog who knows a few tricks.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.