Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I take 5 classes instead of 7 in high school (as a senior)?

I'm currently a junior, but I'm debating if I should take 5 classes next school year.

I plan to take:

- Sociology/Philosophy

- Hawaiian Language IV

- Pre-Calculus

- AP English

- AP Environmental Science

The other two classes I'm cutting out are Human Physiology and Fashion Design.

Is this a smart decision, and will this affect my chances of getting into the college(s) I want to attend?

Here are the list of colleges that I am interested in:

- University of Nevada - Reno

- University of Oregon

- Oregon State University

- Portland State University

- University of Washington - Seattle

- Washington State University

- Grand Canyon University

- San Diego State University

- Antioch College

- Colorado State University

- University of Colorado - Boulder

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Take 5 classes! You are already taking AP classes and you have a demanding schedule. Although colleges see your senior year classes and grades, they are not overly important. 10th and 11th grades are the most important to colleges. Taking a 6th class would not affect whether or not you get into college at all.

• 9 years ago

I would recommend that you try and take as many classes as you can in high school that will help prepare you for your college major, and to at least have one class you are interested in. It is your senior year which means it is important to keep your grades up, but it's also important not to take more classes than you can handle. And to answer your question i highly doubt that it will affect your chances of getting into those colleges as long as your GPA is over a 3.3. an you've met or even past the minimum requirements (4 years of english, 2 years of foreign language, 3 years of math etc)

• 9 years ago

Take 6 classes and add human physiology and leave out fashion design. If you really want to get into these school then you should have a full schedule with all college prep classes. Remember you are competing against many other people to get into these schools. Better with more college prep classes than elective classes like art, stuff like that

Source(s): I took 5 classes senior year and it totally backfired
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

At your severe college replaced into there a minimum of sessions you had to be on college campus and a minimum of training you had to take? i might opt to absorb trouble-free terms like 3 training my senior given it incredibly is all i choose yet my counselor is asserting i might desire to be in school till 5th era.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.