Wouldn't the gay community vote for Obama regardless of his stance on gay marriage?

Obama's stance on gay marriage was that he was comfortable with it.

Romney has been against it all along.

What does Obama gain from this other than to draw attention away from his record?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, not everyone who is gay votes Democratic, although the LGBT would like us to believe that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

So, first your party claims that he is only supporting equal rights because he wants more votes. Now, you are finally smart enough to understand that gay people only make up 10% of the population and were already going to vote for Obama anyway. So, you change strategy, and claim that this is an attempt to draw attention from his record.

Why can't your party accept the fact that the president and democrats support MORE freedoms for American citizens? Isn't this rant just an attempt to draw attention away from the fact that your party supports government control over people's lives and banning freedom for our citizens?

Oh, and I won't draw attention away from Obama's record:

Mitt Romney told Laura Ingraham that the economy is turning around under Obama. Corporations are making record profits. Small businesses have been given 17 different tax cuts. The budget deficit has been cut in half. 25 straight months of private sector job growth. 4.2 million new jobs. Osama dead, along with 25 other terrorist leaders. Iraq war ended. Afghanistan war will end next year. DADT ended. NCLB ended. Lilly Ledbetter act passed.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I remember from the news that Obama himself didn't openly suggest he approved of Gay Marriage and would not use that in his campaign, however Vice President Biden had endorsed Gay Marriage which may be an indication.

I don't personally thing the gay community would vote for Obama regardless of his stance on gay marriage because gay marriage isn't the only thing gay people would stand up for- I'm pretty sure stances on health care, education, music, taxes, etcetera might be more of an alert than Romney's high anti-gay tolerence.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He has committed Political Suicide, In California, it was primarily the African-American community that passed Proposition 8," Obama has lost that now, I have overheard many African Americans talking who voted for Obama in 08 and now disgusted, They voted for him because of Social equality reasons and placed abortion and Gay marriage on the back burner even though they disagreed with him on it, The Latino community who is largely Catholic Opposes gay Marriage but Voted for Obama before because of his stance in favor of their issue on immigration reform, Now all this is being brought to the Front Burner now on this Gay Marriage issue and they are now Turning against him, Obama cannot win without the African American and Latino Base, I suspect by this Time next Year? Romney will be President.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Romney hasn't been against gay marriage all along. In fact, he stated that he supported the rights of gays to marry when his state adopted equal rights.

Maybe he is making a moral stand for something he believes in.

I know you people have trouble with the concept, but it does happen.

If he wanted to draw attention away from his record (which, by the way is far better than Romneys for most Americans), then he would do it closer to the election.

• 9 years ago

I know all the Obama haters think he only does things to get votes,but it just happened tobecome an issue of late with other on his staff making remarks about this issue.

• 9 years ago

he wants to get reelected so he can sit on his *** watch tv, eat fried chicken and carry his family on vacations all the time. in a little while he will start preaching about lowering gas prices. he got elected becuase of stupid people thinking they would be considered rascit if they didnt vote for him

Source(s): me
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Discrimination, and equal rights,..Yall should know that part wrapped in your flag and Constitution..

Yea Bubbha ..go ahead and believe whatever you want..why bother talking about it..

• 9 years ago

it shows that only racist homosexuals have an excuse not to vote for Obama and well know who they are and deal with them later.

• 9 years ago

When Romney ran against Kennedy, he was for it. In fact he said he was further left on this issue than was Kennedy.

• 9 years ago

It's the principle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.