Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why did Obama support Gay Marriage? Because look now that's all anyone is talking about... DISTRACTIONS?

Look even myself included am talking about it.... it's just another in a long line of distractions... there will be a new one every week up til election day.

BOOK IT!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Gay marriage is due to morals more than politics.Obama either believes in gay marriage which is likely since he is kinda liberal or he's doing it to win the support of gay voters... Cause let's face it, Romney would never.

• 9 years ago

He's probably always supported gay marriage, but thanks to Joe Biden's statements yesterday, Mr. Obama was basically forced into making a statement. It was either come out with it now and let the damage be done, or let more damage be done by lame statements about his opinions on gay marriage "evolving".

I think this is one issue the Obama campaign would rather not use a a distraction seeing as it could possibly alienate some key voters.

• 9 years ago

Obama has matured and now supports gay marriage yet does not do anything to help gays get married. with the elections comming every little thing is big news and will annoy us till voting day.

• 9 years ago

You can talk about any of the neocon issues -

Gay marriage

Prayer in Schools

Forcing women to have children

Guns

Bibles

Racism

Welfare

"They're" taking "Our" stuff

Any of the important issues.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Popularity wins support, support wins elections. Check prior election trends regarding this issue.

• 9 years ago

Should we focus on the economy? Or how about tensions in the Middle East?

NO

Gay marriage.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

"Does this make you feel better?"

Since it was 7.8% on inauguration day and its 8.1% now, it would make me feel better if he netted a single job over his entire term in office. Thats probably why he hasn't said a peep about jobs and like to talk about fake wars against women and his personal feelings about gay ppl even though he didnt lift a finger to change any laws for them.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

North Carolina banned gay marriage and Obama told the youth he is not with north Carolina.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

People are distracting themselves. I don’t care about this issue. Cons are going nuts.

• 9 years ago

Only Republicans are afraid to talk about gay marriage because they are afraid of gay people. This is the problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.