Sick seeming cat + blood in diarrhea?

My kitten is three months old, almost four. He's been healthy the whole time we've had him which has been since March 4th. The last few days he hasn't been very active and has just been sleeping a lot which is abnormal for him. He was going to the bathroom frequently the past few days but it... show more My kitten is three months old, almost four. He's been healthy the whole time we've had him which has been since March 4th.

The last few days he hasn't been very active and has just been sleeping a lot which is abnormal for him.

He was going to the bathroom frequently the past few days but it wasn't diarrhea until yesterday.

About a half hour ago when I was changing the litter I saw that there was blood in his diarrhea and dripping a bit on the side of the litter box. It looked light and kind of watery.

He got a Rabies shot last Thursday if that could have anything to do with it.

We give him wet food (but have stopped the last couple days because of the diarrhea) once a day because the vet said that would be okay for him because he loves it and he always has a bowl of natural dry kitten food to eat whenever he likes. My family also loves giving him treats very often. (Which I do tell them to keep it to a minimum and we've stopped giving him treats since the diarrhea.)

My dad's also very anal about keeping the litter box clean so he scoops it pretty much every time he goes. He usually goes to the bathroom right after he does. I was wondering if that's a marking thing or something and maybe he's forcing himself to go? I've been telling my dad not to do it so often just in case but he doesn't think that effects anything.

It's late so we can't call the vet right this second, but we do plan on calling in the morning.

I was just wondering what it could be, if it could be serious, etc.

Please and thanks for answers.