Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

Teen Survey: What is your definition of a slut?

MQ: Do you use the term? If so, how often do you use it?

BQ (slightly personal): (Girls) Have you ever been called a 'slut?'

(Guys) Have you ever called a girl a 'slut' to her face?

I'm just curious as to how you guys use the word.

Favorite Answer

Slut, according to Kei:

• Any person who would sleep with anyone or anything that glanced in their direction (cuz #YOLO)

• Has or has had multiple STDs and spread them around, usually with knowledge beforehand

• Has no shame in begging, intimidating, harassing, pressuring, or otherwise trying to manipulate people into having sex with them.

• Does not care if someone is in a relationship/interferes with relationships for the attention.

• Gets into relationships with people only to use them; generally sleeps with other people during the generally short duration of said relationship.

I have used the term before, but not often.

BQ: Yes, a lot. During my senior year, people found out that I had been raped by a guy who supposedly had HIV (he doesn't, unfortunately), so that became my nickname for a good 8 weeks.

Source(s): For the record, I don't have HIV either. Thought I'd put that out there.
  • A slut is someone who sleeps with multiple people who they are not in a relationship with.

- No I don't. That word is so rude. Even if someone does sleep around, I still wouldn't call them that.

- Even though I'm still a virgin, yeah. Why? Because a boy got angry that I was talking to my guy friend instead of him. Ignorance.

Hello Ripped Pants!

My definition is a girl who 'sleeps around'. As in with more than one person due to their own choices.

That's my definition of a slut.

MQ-I don't like to call other girls sluts, to be honest.... because how do I know if they sleep around if I haven't even talked to them? I don't call a girl a slut just because she wears revealing clothes or something. I also find it a bit degrading and disrespectful in general. So, I don't use the term at all.

BQ;No, I've never been called a slut.

• MQ: Well I refer a slut to a girl who dresses inappropriately, example: a see through shirt with a push up bra, bootie shorts, caked on face etc. A girl who will show off her body for attention from guys. And a slut will either dump and date all the time, for about 1 week... That's my definition.

I do use it, but I don't say it to anyone's face, if I notice a slutty girl, and I'm with one of my friends, then I might tell them. But I don't go around gossiping about girls being sluts...

BQ: Nope I don't think I've ever been called one.

Someone who sleeps around and just doesn't care about how many sexual partners they've had. A person who has multiple STI's and refuses to get help or stop sleeping around. I try not to judge but y'know.

-I don't really use it. Rarely I say an outfit is slutty (revealing).

-No.

Someone who dresses in revealing clothing AND does things with guys that would be considered too "intimate" or "personal" for being just friends. If a girl does things with guys but doesn't wear revealing clothing, then I still think that it classifies as a slut. I don't think that wearing revealing clothing once in a while makes you a slut.

MQ: Yes, but I only use it on people who really fit the definition.

BQ: I was jokingly, but otherwise no.

• Kevin

Someone who sleeps around.

MQ: Nope. Don't see a point, to be honest.

BQ: Yes. I've been called a slut by some girl that didn't even know me. She's the only one that has called me one though. Anyone that actually knows me would know that I am nowhere near a slut, ha.

My friends use it quite often. Were 14/15 year old girls. A slut is someone who willingly has sex with lots of boys for money or no money. My friends think slut means someone who wears revealing clothes or has sex with boys in the D building bathroom. We use the term "hoe" more though. I do not think a slut/hoe is someone that talks to a lot of guys or has friends that are guys. No, me or friends have never been called a slut before.

In my opinion a slut is someone who dresses slutty (shows off her boobs and bum) has no respect for herself and her body. Has one night stands, sleeps around and also someone who cheats & has an affair. I don't think having sex at a young age means you're a slut, but I think it's gross.

MQ: Only if people are sluts I will tell them. They should be told

BQ: Never been called a slut in my life, because I am not one

Source(s): med student.

Someone who sleeps around, flirts with people's boyfriends, or something you jokingly call a friend. That isn't the real definition, but that's how everyone I know uses it.

Yeah, I use it a lot. mostly about my friends and in a joking way. I have been called a slut, by my friends (again, they were joking) and once by a guy who I turned down.