Youtube video hangs. any ideas why?

I recently had to re install XP pro, and installed the latest firefox browser, the latest Adobe flash plugins, and have the most recent active-x. Periodic download speed stops on Youtube, I expect this. The new problem, is that the video briefly hangs in spite of download completion, but the audio remains... show more I recently had to re install XP pro, and installed the latest firefox browser, the latest Adobe flash plugins,
and have the most recent active-x. Periodic download speed stops on Youtube, I expect this.
The new problem, is that the video briefly hangs in spite of download completion, but the audio remains consistent.
This was never an issue before,and I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this.
None of the help centers have been any help, and I have run out of ideas.
I do a lot of 'studying' on Youtube, and it is just aggravating when the video briefly freezes every few moments. I have noticed darker video hangs more often than brighter video scenes.
Any help here would be hot, Thanks.
Update: Hi Jim, yes, I have covered all those bases, and am wondering if rolling 'back' on flash player and active-x might solve this, It's the only thing I haven't tried.
Update 2: Yungmoney, thanks for your input. Logical, but we're talking one page on the browser, no other apps running and 2 Gb ram. This never had issues before, so I'm trying to figure out what may be different on my fresh re-install,which includes latest updates. TNX
1 answer 1