I have two hard drives on my computer, but only one is recognized by windows for?

adding and removing programs. How do I remove programs from the second drive?

Edit- I do not know how to make the second drive a slave. My computer recognizes the second drive, add/remove programs does not. I have windows XP.

Favorite Answer

Windows assumes that all programs are installed on the C drive. Even if you have a second drive and ask for the program to be installed on drive D, it will still install parts of the program on drive C including registry setting.

If you have installed a C drive from another computer then it is not considered to be the C drive as there is one already installed.

You have to make the second one a slave, it should say how to on the hard drive.

Help us to help you, we can not read minds. Can you see the second drive in My Computer (Computer on Windows Vista or 7)?

Did YOU install these two hard drives yourself?

Possibly you have a RAID function going on and you just don't know about :)

RAID is when you have two hard drives, but they act as 1.

There different forms of RAID also but I'm just giving you a suggestion to your problem :)

If you purchased your computer from HP, Dell, Gateway, or other, it might be a your recovery partition.

Source(s): IT Pro