I have two hard drives on my computer, but only one is recognized by windows for?

adding and removing programs. How do I remove programs from the second drive?

Update:

Edit- I do not know how to make the second drive a slave. My computer recognizes the second drive, add/remove programs does not. I have windows XP.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Windows assumes that all programs are installed on the C drive. Even if you have a second drive and ask for the program to be installed on drive D, it will still install parts of the program on drive C including registry setting.

If you have installed a C drive from another computer then it is not considered to be the C drive as there is one already installed.

• 9 years ago

You have to make the second one a slave, it should say how to on the hard drive.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Help us to help you, we can not read minds. Can you see the second drive in My Computer (Computer on Windows Vista or 7)?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Did YOU install these two hard drives yourself?

Possibly you have a RAID function going on and you just don't know about :)

RAID is when you have two hard drives, but they act as 1.

There different forms of RAID also but I'm just giving you a suggestion to your problem :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

If you purchased your computer from HP, Dell, Gateway, or other, it might be a your recovery partition.

Source(s): IT Pro
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.