Can i put the washing machine onto the hot water pipe and dishwasher onto the cold water pipe???? would this m?

Brought a dishwasher...... brought a s***** Y connector it leaked brought another one it leaked...... so my washing machine only uses the cold and heats up the water inside the machine so would it matter if connected the washing machine up to the hot water pipe (knowing it take ages for the hot water to come... show more Brought a dishwasher...... brought a s***** Y connector it leaked brought another one it leaked...... so my washing machine only uses the cold and heats up the water inside the machine so would it matter if connected the washing machine up to the hot water pipe (knowing it take ages for the hot water to come through) and connected the dish washer up to the cold water pipe (thus saving p******* about with Y connectors) Please please help really don't want to get a plumber in!!!!!!
Update: So either way it's fine!!!! i live in an newly built house 12 years old (just abit p****** that in todays world they did not but the right pipe work in for both washing machine and dishwasher) I understand the issues with a cold rinse but my washer (being a year old and very modern) warms up the water to rinse... show more So either way it's fine!!!! i live in an newly built house 12 years old (just abit p****** that in todays world they did not but the right pipe work in for both washing machine and dishwasher) I understand the issues with a cold rinse but my washer (being a year old and very modern) warms up the water to rinse to save on drying time and being a large family (of 5) i never do a cool or cold wash either a 40 or a 60 wash........ Just fed up that all the people i know say it easy putting a dish washer in so i got one to find it's a bloody pain in the bum to fit..... because of the shoddy pipe work under my sink!!!!! :(