What happen if we split up hydrogen?

in particle accelerator or in hydrogen bomb.

will they recombined later as a hydrogen?

Is it true, hydrogen can only be created by big bang?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

A hydrogen atom is easy to split into components of an electron and (usually) a solitary neutron. Those ill recombine at modest temperatures. As you have been told, splitting the hydrogen nucleus, i.e. the proton, is a very different matter. The harder something is to split, the more enthusiastic it is to recombine, so the quarks which make up the proton would be very hard to keep apart. It would require very high temperatures indeed.

You get a free electron and a free PROTON NOT A NEUTRON. Yes, they can recombine later plus one or more photons. Hydrogen can be created by chemical. Mass and energy are interchangeable, by E = mc^2. Hydrogen can be created in other ways, not just by the Big Bang.

Take some Chemistry courses and at least one physics course, AND UNDERSTAND AND COMPREHEND 3hat is taught in those courses. How the Universe works has made so much more sense since I took physics 101/11 and understood how a force can have direction and what that meant IRL. Just because you can spout formulas back and use them correctly to get an "A" on physics test does not necessarily make physics REAL LIFE. Just because I got "C" in physics 101 does NOT mean I did not understand what I LEARNED in physics 111, since i keep trying to bash it into the heads of trolls on this forum. I'm a troll too.

• Jason

Nitpick - hydrogen bombs fuse hydrogen to produce helium; they don't split hydrogen.

A hydrogen atom is a single proton, usually no neutrons, and a single electron.

You can't split the electron; they're a fundamental particle. If you split the proton

you get two up quarks and one down quark - however, quarks are highly unstable on

their own so unless the temperature is extremely high (near Big Bang conditions)

I think the quarks would soon recombine.