Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 years ago

I want to join the lasd?

What age can I join the lasd im 16 .... How can I get mently and physicly ready to join ..what is the traning you have to go throw to join .what are the dangers of joining the lasd .i cant join the explores because perents wont let me dont ask why . What do I have to know to join.. Do you have to get tazer is that part of the training ..lasd los angels police depaetment... how much money do they make... its my dream

Favorite Answer

Instead of dreaming try acting like a cop and actually go to the official recruitment site for LASD.

There you will get requirements and tips on how to study and get ready for the testing, including the physical agility test (VPAT)

You can also go to YouTube to view a demo of the physical agility test.

http://la-sheriff.org/recruitment/index-DST.html

If, like you said alter you really want LAPD do the same, Go to their site.

You see if you ask a question on this site you get BS answers from guys like mr. cool. He claims to be a retired cop and all but he just copied my old Y!A profile and likes to lie to people.

First work on your grammar and spelling. There is a lot of writing reports as a police officer.

21..

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

Start by checking out their website. You should go and get your college education, this will help you compete with other applicants.

Visit my blog, is answers all your questions that you have asked in your post.

Source(s): Police Officer / Military Officer and author of www.HowCanIBeACop.com the #1 Online Resource for those wanting to start a career in Law Enforcement.