Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 8 years ago

TONGUE WEB PIERCING INFO / HELP!?

Multiple questions***

*Please DO NOT answer these questions if you're going to tell me that it's gross and pointless, or I should take it out. I like it. Don't tell me that I'm stupid. Also, ONLY answer if you have experience with tongue web piercings.

Please do not tell me my piercing is infected. I highly doubt that it is.

Okay so, I pierced my tongue web two days ago. May 6th, 2012. I pierced it myself with a larger than average sewing needle, and I have a straight 18g barbell in it right now. I sanitized EVERYTHING I used very well. I know doing it yourself isn't very safe, (hitting a vein, infection, etc), but I wanted it done and my mom won't let me have piercings other than my ears (I'm hiding it from her and my dad). I know there's a higher risk of it getting infected by doing it at home, but I take care of it very well. I brush my teeth three times a day, swish with sea salt water, clean off the plaque, and wash my hands before i clean it, etc.

Below, I have a couple pictures. I want to know if it's healing right. I know white stuff (lymph, healing skin, plaque) on oral piercings is normal but I'd like to know if it looks alright. There is NO yellow or green crap on it. Only white.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w69b2v.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/3508gb8.jpg

Also, I feel like one side of the hole is healing better than the other side. It looks more together if you know what I mean. Is this normal?

It's been pretty sore and I know soreness is completely fine but when will it go away and what can I do to make it less sore? The swelling went down a bit. I'm allergic to most ibuprofen. Today, I used ice on it and it helped for an hour or two.

It's very very very difficult to eat with it right now. The ball on the barbell keeps coming off when I eat or just randomly and I keep having to reach in my mouth and tighten it or go to the bathroom and put it back on (which takes 10 minutes sometimes). And I can't really stick my hands in my mouth at the dinner table without my mom and dad wondering what I'm doing. Since it's such an awkward place, it's pretty hard to tighten it the whole way and sometimes I do, but it ends up coming undone anyways. Is there anyway to keep the ball from falling off? It's EXTREMELY irritating. I can't really move my tongue while I'm eating either, and I have a feeling I look really dumb when I eat. My tongue hurts when I eat.

Kind of personal here, but how long will it be until I can make out? I can't really move my tongue much and that's kind of what making out is.

Also, what about oral sex? I have a boyfriend of almost 9 months so no, I'm not a whore, but I'm just wondering when I can.

I have a little lisp right now and sometimes it even hurts to talk or swallow. Is that okay? Will the lisp go away?

Best Answer

hi there i hope i am helpful here. i have my tongue web pierced too and what you are describing seems to match what i experienced during the first week or so. i also thought one side healed faster than the other so i guess that is normal. i am assuring you now it is no way infected so no need to fret about that. The whiteness beside the holes is also normal i had that aswell and still do on one side. Mine was sore only for a few days but only sore when i yarned which stretches your web, have a yawn and youll know what i mean by it stretching. as far as the balls continuously falling of i would suggest going to a piercer and asking them to tightem up for you with hemostats which will ensure they are tight trust me. when the piercer tightened mine with hemostats i had to go back to have them loosened i could no untighten them myself, balls wouldnt even budge haha. stay away from oral sex for atleast two weeks or it WILL get infected. i hid my web piercing from my parents for weeks until got caught with my tongue ring which was when mom notice my web too haha. if ur parents do see it just tell the to f*** off say to them " you cant physically make me take it out" and if u are off age they certainly can not make you. so yea stuff the parents and just be happy. ice is your best bet for pain relief if your are allergic not much other over counter pain killers besides ibuprofen, panadol etc. any good luck with the rest of your healing and if u hav any more question feel free to email me on monmonzrox95@hotmail.com and i will happily help ya out!!!! (btw in future try gather some money and go to a profession just to be safe.)

Source(s): i personally have a tongue web piercing, look closely at my profile pic and you'll see it!! (tongue as well)
  • araya

Infected Tongue Web Piercing

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

TONGUE WEB PIERCING INFO / HELP!?

Multiple questions***

Please do not tell me my...

Source(s): tongue web piercing info help: https://shortly.im/9ciBr

post a picture of yourself so i can see how it would look.