Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 8 years ago

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS MATH PROBLEM?

John and Marcia took her two kids to the county fair. They first spent 1/6 of their money on adult admission tickets, and then $6.50 on the two child's tickets. They spent 3/8 of their remaining money on ride tickets. Then they spent $4.00 each on lunch. They spent 1/5 of their remaining money on a T-shirt for John. Marcia wanted a T-shirt too, so they bought another one for the same price. Then one kid found a quarter and the other one found a dime. They each gave the money to their mom, whereupon John and Marcia each gave each child a dollar. John and Marcia then spent 2/5 of their remaining money on ice cream sundaes. When they left the fair, they had to pay their parking tab, which amounted to $1.50 an hour. They had been there for seven hours. When they got to Marcia's house, John and Marcia had $3.15 left between them. How much money did they spend at the fair?

MY DAUGHTER AND I ARE STUCK PLEASE HELP US EXPLANATION WOULD BE GREAT!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Youre really pretty

• 8 years ago

Just work backwords doing th opposite of what it says! So for ex. Instead of dividing by 1/6 u need to multiply by six....

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

**** Math.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.