Filing my tax return for 2011?

My dad was supposed to file my 2011 tax return for me, but I just found out that he didn't so now I still need to file it, and have never done it myself before. As of right now I plan on doing it all online. I started to file last night but I came upon a section about school tuition, and I am a student and now... show more My dad was supposed to file my 2011 tax return for me, but I just found out that he didn't so now I still need to file it, and have never done it myself before. As of right now I plan on doing it all online. I started to file last night but I came upon a section about school tuition, and I am a student and now I have some questions before I fill it out.

1. If I paid my tuition in December of 2011, but it was for the 2012 school year, can I still enter that amount into the tuition section?

2. If a Pell Grant paid for part of that amount, do I have to subtract that amount from my total tuition paid since that portion did not come out of my pocket, but from the grant?

3. If I do this online, will I need to provide or send in any paperwork showing my tuition statements and what/when I paid?

Thank you for your kind answers.
Update: I'm not a dependant, and I do not know what a T-1098 or whatever that was called is. Can someone please just answer my 3 questions? Can I get ONE answer that relates at ALL to my questions in a simple 'Yes, you can' or 'No, you cannot' form?
Update 2: THANK YOU SO MUCH AEROFARE!! PERFECT, BEAUTIFULLY, ARTICULATE, RELEVANT ANSWERS! Thank you so so much.