mouse asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Is this normal for a first period?

I began my periods yesterday, there was a little blood, but not much. Overnight there was also a little blood. Then today, there was a lot of brown discharge, more than there was blood. Is this normal?

Favorite Answer

Yes, this is normal, when i had my first period, more brown discharge came out. After at least 3 months, its should be fully blood, your body needs time to adjust to having your period, also it is going through hormonal changes. But if it carrys on after 5 months, speak to a doctor/parent/older sibling.

Hope this helps! xx

Source(s): My experiences

i dont bleed that mutch in the night but i allways put on a pad a big pad at night i put a small1 on the once bcause i forgot my self and well the bed sheets in the bin might tell the rest of the story

as molly said, this is totally normal, as your body is going through a lot and needs time to adjust.

at least your doing the right thing and asking questions rather than sat worrying by yourself.

Source(s): years of experience

it's quite normal.. don't be tensed..