Ray allen or reggie miller?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rabbit
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Statistically Ray Allen has the edge.in PPG, 3-point and FT percentage while Reggie edges his in FG percentage.

But Ray is currently 4th on the Celtics in shot attempts and PPG so if that continues a few more years he may drop below Reggie. Chances are he'll go to another team after this year but he won't be a #1 option anywhere at this point in his career (well, maybe Charlotte).

Reggie lead a team to the Finals and got worked over by the Lakers, Ray was part of the pre-Miami "Big 3" and won one title over the Lakers out of the two appearances he's made so far. As a team leader Ray never got past the Spurs or Lakers to get to the Finals.

Ray plays better defense.

Reggie flopped... a lot.

Reggie talks better trash.

Ray is a better teammate.

Ray would make it to the Hall of Fame on his first ballot if he retired today.

Reggie wasn't first-ballot but eventually made it into the Hall of Fame.

Reggie's sister could beat Ray's sister in a game of one-on-one.

Reggie's sister could also beat Reggie in a game of one-on-one.

Both can be called clutch.

I used to love Reggie when I was a kid and he was battling the Knicks, he humiliated poor John Starks and pissed off all of NYC. But looking back he could be called a pest at the most as a defender and got his stops by flopping.

Their stats and history of clutch play are comparable. Ray's has none of Reggie's star power and ability to create drama but I take Ray as a better overall defender and teammate.

Source(s): But damn I loved watching Reggie do work.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ray Allen

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Miller

• 8 years ago

Miller

Source(s): Mainly his battle exploits with East contenders in his prime. Allen didn't have that.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Reggie Miller, he was tough as nails and had no conscience when scoring.

Most of the people in this section have never seen Reggie play.

• 8 years ago

Allen

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ray Allen he's nicer in a better team he's a better player I'll take Ray Allen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.