Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 8 years ago

what are risk involved accepting friend request from strangers in facebook?

if accept and unfriend after sometime still is there any risk

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you really shouldn't add or accept random people as, not saying they all are, they may be perverts, hackers, 'trollers', bullies or fake accounts. I know it doesn't seem to bad as you can block people but by accepting your also putting your friends and family in danger as they could add them to and get their information or harass them and no one likes some 60 year old chatting up their nearest and dearest (just an example) but still, I always ask people why they added me if I don't know them and if we gave mutual friends, I ask the mutual friends about them and if they don't know them in real life I don't accept as you never know about people online. plus it is a hacker then they can get your email details, hack your account and get your friends or get bank details and who wants to pay off someones debt or have your good credit ruined for a silly friend request.

sorry about rabbiting on haha (:! hope I helped!(:

• 8 years ago

If you accept them, then they can look up your ip address and get info about you and your computer. There is also 1% chance of your computer being hacked. And suppose you unfriend them after a while also, they can get info about you in the time they were in your friend list.

• 8 years ago

The risk is still there and it depends on their motive behind adding you as a friend.

• 8 years ago

sharing your private content / information / discussion (generally posted on walls) / ur biography

there is a chance of misuse

try removing that person from frnd's list if u suspect / find some thing fishy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

if you accept friend request from unknow and stranger, there is chance that they might hacked your account.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i thought there is no risk coz if u dnt lyk any persn u cn simply block him/her

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.