promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

英文演講稿修正(急!!!)

It Is Worth Volunteering Some people associate “volunteering” with a work without pay andtime wasting; some parents suppose that volunteering could have bad influenceon children’s studies and dismiss their prospects of future job careers. Infact, with voluntary work offered, youths can explore their personalities and expandvocational capability. In terms of perosnalcharacter, if they choose to volunteer, the personal benefits can have a greatimpact on their character. Let’s put it this way, volunteers becomemore concerned and aware of the problems facing the world and many feelthat they were ignorant or narrow minded before. Participants returning fromabroad are usually more independent, more adventurous and more courageous. Besides finding new career opportunities, volunteering also offers youngpeople necessary skills in the job market. They have a chance to learnimportant communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that help in thebusiness world. I once volunteered in a summer camp held by China Youth Corps.I have learned how to bargain with stationers for meterials we needed. And aswe were planing activites, we required and gave advice to each other to makesure the process would go well. On that day when the event is proceeding, I experiencedto stir the children to excitement and maintain order at the same time. Withthe team members cooperating together, I have not only gained useful skills butalso made new friends. Furthermore, volunteering provides young people with a chance to increasetheir knowledge in certain areas and those activities could add experience to aresume. Students working with animal organizations may discover they would liketo become a veterinarian and those helping disabled individuals may findopportunities in health care or social services. .......(後兩段補充)以上是我的講稿,有什麼文法問題、詞彙修飾、語句通順等問題,不吝請專家們的指教!萬分感謝!

Update:

第五段:Furthermore, volunteering provides young people with a chance to increase their knowledge in certain areas and those activities could add experience to a resume. ......

Update 2:

第五段:Students working with animal organizations may discover they would like to become a veterinarian and those helping disabled individuals may find opportunities in health care or social services.

Update 3:

第六段:Many employers will not hire a person, no matter how much education they have, if they don’t have any relevant experience. .........

Update 4:

第六段: Similarly, many medical institutions expect applicants to prove their interest in the position and their determination to succeed by volunteering for medical roles.

Update 5:

最後一段:In brief, volunteering can establish youths’ sense of self-esteem, explore interests in their work fields, and train their skills to locate their future job careers. The value of voluntary activities are worth taking into careful consideration.

1 Answer

Rating
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

整體寫的很好

Participants (People) returning fromabroad are usually more independent, more adventurous and more courageous. 此句語意不明 (- for they are used to volunteering.)

On that day when the event is proceeding ( took place), I experienced to stir the (cheer -or- inspire) children to excitement and maintain order at the same time.

In brief (In summary -or- In conclusion), volunteering can establish youths’ sense of self-esteem, explore interests in their work fields, and train their skills to locate their future job careers. The value of voluntary activities are worth taking into careful consideration.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.