Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Who is better: Zeus, Jesus, Allah, Mithras or Odin?

You can add another god if you want to. Which one would win overall?

Favorite Answer

zeus, the king of the gods (I think the title kind of gives it away)

• ?

I think the Egyptian Gods have passed the test of time and do a good job of displaying their eternal glory in the statue of the Sphinx and Ramses and King Tut with his mummy.

The pyramids are one of the 7 wonders of the world and we still haven't found the mummified remains of the king who built the giant pyramid.

It is a bit silly to say that the invisible God who left no statues and no images in the ancient world is the God we are all in awe of ... I fail to see how we can be so ignorant.

Cleopatra's beauty secrets are still a legend and women want those secrets.

The curses are still feared and many movies are made about the mysterious Gods.

The ark of the covenant looks like a stolen artifact from tomb raiders?

There is a stone tablet at the base of the Sphinx.

The ten commandments were written in stone just like the ancient world did.

The flooding of the Nile every year makes sense that a Noah story would pop up from that natural occurrence ... or did the people ignore the seasons in favor of a book not yet written?

The stories are carved in stone and the symbols are still used by us today.

Have we built a temple or a church yet ... where the sunlight shines in through a tunnel and lights the faces of 3 statues but leaves the fourth in darkness as they sit side by side?

The ancient world has so much more to it than the power of the invisible God.

Why is everybody so sure that their invisible God is not the same God displayed and glorified throughout the ancient world in many artistic ways?

Why deny our ancient history and try to place God into an image of an old man with a beard or the one that nobody sees or the invisible one or the one who gave us Jesus.

What about Adam> ...He was the first man but Jesus was better than Adam?

What about that Sphinx? ... why is that face not a God to us now?

What about the pyramids? ... if God did not build them then why not?

Why didn't the true God do any of the amazing ancient artifacts that we have on this planet but he gave us a couple of stone tablets with the ten commandments on them and a burning bush and some manner from heaven and did a few other tricks but if we try to connect the dots back into the ancient world ... then we are blaspheming by giving the ultimate glory of God to the people again by saying no ... no is saying that God is weak and God has not got the power that we all keep saying he has got ... because we give the credit back to the people by saying that the ancient world had Gods who are not our God today ... once a God ... always a God ...?

I don't see how the almighty power can have any competitors really?

The Bible talks about God hardening the Egyptian Kings heart and how could that be if they had other Gods and our God was their enemy?

• Ed

I'm sort of confused how Jesus is a competition against gods given that he is the messiah in the Christian faith (or just a prophet according to an Islamic viewpoint).

And also for people like Naomi are blissfully ignorant, Allah is the Arabic word for God which means Allah is the same God of Christian faith and Yahweh of Jewish faith....seriously, learn about religions before making an ignorant statement that in truth denounces the God you claim to follow....

• LACA

Jesus is God's son, and since there can't be 2 Gods in Christianity, we really can't refer to Jesus as God. But I would go with the Christian God, since He is the beginning and ending, the night and day, the alpha and the omega. This means nothing or no one else can surpass him or be greater than him, even Zeus, LOL.

• Corey

"All the other Gods I think are false... apart from one- Jesus. So technically Jesus wouldn't even be putting on a fight since all the other Gods don't exist. At least that's what I think. :)"

That's what's called a double standard. "All those other gods are imaginary, but my god isn't just because I don't want it to be."

Win overall in what? Arm wrestling? Getting teenagers to think they deserve to be tortured for eternity for being sexually aroused? Impeding scientific, social, and technological progress? Scrabble? Because if it's Scrabble, I'm going to go with Odin.

Most likely Zeus. because he is the god of Gods, but in legends Hades has gotten his revenge a couple of times in battle with Zeus. There are all pretty powerful, in mythology.

If you are more christian, then you might not believe in Greek Mythology, and would recommend that there is only one god, and Jesus is the most powerful.

"Hypothetically speaking" I'd say Odin.

Odin related best to the real world humanism based from the earth.

A pagan god that although has supernatural origin could be practised as a religion without divine subsequence.

All the other Gods I think are false... apart from one- Jesus. So technically Jesus wouldn't even be putting on a fight since all the other Gods don't exist. At least that's what I think. :) People say Zeus is the God of all Gods but is he the god of Jesus, at least? No!

Ed I support your answer, Jesus is'nt a God and he never told you to worship him! Besides all other God's don't even exist! So, there is only one God of Christianity, Jeudism and Islam, it doesn't matter what you name him.

shut up all in world real GOD is ALLAH i don't see any baby born with writing body JESUS i see in world only baby born with writing body ALLAH

Source(s): shut up cristian people