Quitting sertraline cold turkey... side effects?

I'm a 27 yo female, been on 200 mg of sertraline a day (zoloft generic) for 3 or 4 years (is it bad that I can't remember exactly how long it's been?), originally diagnosed during a difficult time for my family. My official diagnosis was "generalized anxiety disorder" with an episode of major... show more I'm a 27 yo female, been on 200 mg of sertraline a day (zoloft generic) for 3 or 4 years (is it bad that I can't remember exactly how long it's been?), originally diagnosed during a difficult time for my family. My official diagnosis was "generalized anxiety disorder" with an episode of major depression. My main issues have always been getting overwhelmed and inability to control my thoughts.

I've decided to quit cold turkey because I forgot to take my dosage 2 days in a row. Today is day 3. I'm feeling cranky, extremely tired, and have a bit of a headache. I'm also feeling anxious but I can't tell if I'm anxious because I'm afraid of getting sick for having gone cold turkey... or because the drugs are coming out of my system :/

Other reasons I want to quit:
- Weight gain
- Serious decrease in sex drive
- Don't like being dependent on pills indefinitely
- Want to have kids in the next couple of years
- Drug cost
- Feel like I still have normal (but not debilitating) levels of anxiety while on the pill... does that mean it's not working anyways?
- Been on them for so long I don't remember what it's like without them...
- I'm generally happy and life is good, the original reasons why I started taking the pills have mellowed out...

My questions are:
- Are my reasons above silly?
- Why don't I have normal withdrawal symptoms that everyone else talks about?
- Will I know if I need to go back on them? How?

Any real life experience anyone else has had would be GREATLY appreciated.
Update: Thanks for all the answers so far. It really helps to get outside perspective. A couple of things: - Yes, I have a family history, blah. The trick is... I'm not sure exactly who has what and what they have. I know my mother in particular is on "something" for "depression" but the problem is... show more Thanks for all the answers so far. It really helps to get outside perspective. A couple of things:

- Yes, I have a family history, blah. The trick is... I'm not sure exactly who has what and what they have. I know my mother in particular is on "something" for "depression" but the problem is my family is terrible about talking about "real" things, ya know?
- So if I have a chemical imbalance in my brain, is it just always that way? That sucks.
- The idea of being on drugs forever is soooo awful to me...