Quitting sertraline cold turkey... side effects?
I've decided to quit cold turkey because I forgot to take my dosage 2 days in a row. Today is day 3. I'm feeling cranky, extremely tired, and have a bit of a headache. I'm also feeling anxious but I can't tell if I'm anxious because I'm afraid of getting sick for having gone cold turkey... or because the drugs are coming out of my system :/
Other reasons I want to quit:
- Weight gain
- Serious decrease in sex drive
- Don't like being dependent on pills indefinitely
- Want to have kids in the next couple of years
- Drug cost
- Feel like I still have normal (but not debilitating) levels of anxiety while on the pill... does that mean it's not working anyways?
- Been on them for so long I don't remember what it's like without them...
- I'm generally happy and life is good, the original reasons why I started taking the pills have mellowed out...
My questions are:
- Are my reasons above silly?
- Why don't I have normal withdrawal symptoms that everyone else talks about?
- Will I know if I need to go back on them? How?
Any real life experience anyone else has had would be GREATLY appreciated.
- Yes, I have a family history, blah. The trick is... I'm not sure exactly who has what and what they have. I know my mother in particular is on "something" for "depression" but the problem is my family is terrible about talking about "real" things, ya know?
- So if I have a chemical imbalance in my brain, is it just always that way? That sucks.
- The idea of being on drugs forever is soooo awful to me...