Shin splint or stress fracture?

I'm a dancer, and lately I've been having pain in my lower legs. I've narrowed it down to either a shin splint or a stress fracture. It started in my right leg, although now I'm beginning to feel some pain in my left leg that's similar too. The pain is the worst when I'm at dance, and feels a bit better on my days off, but I can pretty much feel it all the time when I'm walking, working, etc. The source is definitely one specific spot on my leg, a 1 1/2 - 2 inch spot on my lower inner/front leg. When down on the spot, it hurts really bad, almost like if I were pressing down on a bruise. Occasionally, when I'm just sitting or laying down, I feel shooting pains go up my leg.

Does this sound more like a shin splint or stress fracture?

Favorite Answer

Don't trust answers on Yahoo about medical questions. The only way to truly know what is wrong is to see a doctor. Nothing can replace an X-Ray and a med. exam. Nothing

Trust me, Im a Common Sense guy.

Source(s): common sense is like loose change. Its everywhere, just nobody cares or wants to use it. Or for that matter, knows how!